z hunter 11-Sep-17
Rut Nut 11-Sep-17
Bow Nut 11-Sep-17
Swampbuck 11-Sep-17
t-roy 12-Sep-17
Buffalo1 12-Sep-17
Factory rat 12-Sep-17
09-Sep-17
If you are a Bowsiters in the path of hurricane Irma and need to evacuate let me know if I can help. We are out of the cone of danger in south Alabama. Send me a pm Albert Haas

09-Sep-17
Al, thank you for the offer. I think I'm out of the worst of it family and house wise. Now there are a couple of guys on here chewing nails. I do have hunting property (camp), right in the current path but that can be rebuilt. Everyone stay safe!!! I throw some updates when I can. I'm in northeastern Palm Beach county.

09-Sep-17
My son is in Cape coral we tried to talk him into leaving 2 days ago. He's waited to long at this point he's at his friends house and is going to ride it out there. Won't be much sleep for my wife and I the next few days .

09-Sep-17
Prayers from PA swamp and factory

09-Sep-17
A very nice considerate gesture.

09-Sep-17
Factory rat- offer still stands. Small cottage that is comfortable and empty. Come and go as they please.

09-Sep-17
Have been through several big ones, Frederick, Ivan, Katrina. They have no,idea what they are in for. They won't have power for weeks most likely, if there is anything to get power to

09-Sep-17
Thanks for the kind offer glidingindian. My son is not a Florida native he's been living down there for a year. He has some new friends down there that have him convinced they can make it through this. I think it may be to late for him to move now with the lack of available gas.

09-Sep-17
We just got some first gusts, I'll say 45kts at 23:00. Y'all on the west coast hold on, we are praying for you!!

10-Sep-17
08:00 and a steady 40kt wind on the SE coast, lost power 3 hrs ago. I'm a little less than 200 miles from the center as the crow flies. Hopefully the key deer population doesn't go extinct. Their island is getting hammered right now

10-Sep-17
Our second home is right smack dab in the center of the track in Sarasota. We are north now , wife was due to head down Wednesday when I was to leave for Arizona elk hunt. That trip now depends on how bad the damage is. Sure hate to lose that AZ tag, but first things first.

10-Sep-17

Swampbuck's embedded Photo
Swampbuck's embedded Photo
It's 19:00 most of the heavy rain is over, still blowing 50 with gusts to 85. Lots of down trees, had a sailboat floating down the river. Just saw a boat lift break. Power by gen set

11-Sep-17
Locknload, looters are out in miami, fort lauderdale,..im sure else where on the west side. Also heard a report of people pretending to be utility workers.. use caution and verify who is at your door.

11-Sep-17
Spent a lot of the day yesterday watching the reports on Fox and some of the national networks. Unreal! Never seen a Hurricane that covered the entire state of FLA!!!!!

Prayers for all you folks down there!

11-Sep-17
Hello all!!!! We survived!!!!! I live just north of tampa and this whole week has been hell!!! Between running out of gas, plywood, tapcons, generators, gas cans, u name it and the very short notice that this monster had us right in the crosshairs it was a little bit consuming to say least. I didn't know the trick the lord had up his sleeve to intensify the dry cold air coming out of the NW and in no time at all dismantle the biggest storm on record but it honestly saved our area. Cat 4 to a cat 1 in less than 2 hours... miracle if I've ever seen one!!! God bless the ones in Naples and thx for checking up on us down here!!!! Thoughts and prayers worked!!!!

11-Sep-17
We made it, lots of trees down, just got power, thanks to state and out of state lineman!!! They were lined up in waiting. Storm went right over my hunting property, today at 07:30. I have a buddy that just rebuilt his camp after a fire that destroyed several properties this year. With a little more luck they'll make it through too. Hope everyone, their families and everything else made it through unscathed, J

12-Sep-17
Glad to hear you guys are doing OK!

12-Sep-17
Factory rat,

Any word on your son?

12-Sep-17
My son found some gas for his car and got out of ft meyers just before the storm hit . He went to some families house 15 mIles east of Tampa and spent the night there he's doing well thanks for asking. He lives in Miami he went back there today he was stunned at the flooding and damage there is a foot of water on his street.

• Sitka Gear