sasquatch's embedded Photo
Me and a friend made the treck west with 3 weeks to get it done but finished real early. Killed back to back days.

The bull I shot, the smaller one, we got on about an hr before light, he was casually bugling. Snuck up to prob 1/4 mile of him and waited for light. Once daylight came we worked closer and setup to call him. First cow call made he bugled back and I knew the game was on, few more cow calls and he came in in a string. Straight on 20yd frontal shot.

My buddies bull, we got into a bugle fest if 3-4 different bulls screaming back and forth to each other before light again. Snuck close in dark again. Once light came we picked one out to go after, and answered him and only him and headed toward him making excited cow calls the way in. Once got to a point we couldn't move any closer, I hit him with a challenge bugle right over the top of his bugle to the cow call. Then he committed, 30 us broadside shot.

11-Sep-17
How was the tracking job on your buddy's bull? If it was a true broadside shot, it looks like it was back a fair amount. Congrats. Quite a workout I'm sure.

11-Sep-17
Frazen, it wasn't bad but I belive we lucked out. I wasn't setup to be able to see the bull he shot. I was back a bit calling behind some brush.

However, from the two holes in the bull I think it was actually quartering to him, he hit back and the exit came out right in front the hind quarter. Bull still only made it 100-150 yards. I think we lucked out a bit there.

11-Sep-17
Sounds like a great hunt and a lot of meat packing. Congrats!

11-Sep-17
two in 5 days. That's very impressive. Congrats

11-Sep-17
Congrats!

11-Sep-17
Awesome!

11-Sep-17
Strong work.

11-Sep-17
Very nice, congrats fellas! Now fix those pictures for us ;?)

11-Sep-17
I'm curious how far from a road you were? I hiked about 4-5 miles in and realized the beetle kill/blow downs were so bad, no way could I pack an elk out in 2 days by myself - did ya'll have horses or backpacked the meat?

Great looking bulls - congrats !

12-Sep-17
Stealty we backpacked it. One bull was about 1.5 miles the other about 3.5, not much blow down and not far off of an access road

12-Sep-17
Congrats to you both, well done!

Best of Luck, Jeff

12-Sep-17
Great Job!!!

12-Sep-17
Congratulations! Two bulls in two days packing out?! Nicely done! Makes me sore thinking about it.

12-Sep-17
Sweet, thanks for sharing!

• Sitka Gear