Tonybear61 12-Sep-17
Charlie Rehor 12-Sep-17
BC 12-Sep-17
APauls 12-Sep-17
Shawn 12-Sep-17
11-Sep-17

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
I got my "earna-buck" Doe down on Saturday so was hunting a target rich buck environment tonight in a lock-on stand I never really took care of all that much. You see it's been outside in various trees for the better part of 33 years. It's an ancient old Amaker. Still getting it done. My point is - these cables are still like brand new - not a spot of rust. I see so much crap out there today with these sh#t coated cable crap that rust and look dangerous after only two years. Remember the Gorilla Stand fiasco? I was testing one with a buddy and thank god he was holding on because he popped a Gorilla stand cable. Again look at these 33 year old cables and tell me why it's not mandatory to use this quality steel and crimping system? It doesn't look any different than the winch cable on my quad, which realistically that cable is not all that expense, and never rusts either.

11-Sep-17

11-Sep-17
I use the stainless aircraft cable on all my homemade stands. Lasts forever.

11-Sep-17
"I use the stainless aircraft cable on all my homemade stands. Lasts forever. "

But wouldn't you think of all things, of all components the stand manufacturers would use nothing less? Not an area for taking short cuts and how much $$$ are they really saving?

11-Sep-17
I'm surprised that seat material is still holding up for you. Looks like new!

12-Sep-17
If you use stainless cable,make sure you use only copper ferrules,not aluminum.

They would save about 75 cents per stand,based on 4' of cable.

12-Sep-17
If they built them to last, you'd never have to by another, it's all cheap recycled Chinese junk metal!!!

12-Sep-17
I have APIs that are getting close to 25 years old. No issues, but then I generally don't leave them up. They are taken down after each hunt and stored indoors...

Leg irons make the job easy and quiet.

12-Sep-17
Welcome back Jack!!! Have a great season!

12-Sep-17
I've got gorillas. Got to check them out.

12-Sep-17
Why worry about it? You've got a slow Kerplunk style fall going down THAT tree ;) lol

12-Sep-17
Jack, I have 3 of those old Amaker stands, the seats sucked but the cables and stands are great. I replaced the seats on mine. I agree my cables are fine and 1 of them has been in the same tree for 25 years. I would need an Ax to chop it out as the tree has grown around it pretty good. Cabelas used to make an Easy Hang stand and it used those same style cables and I have some of them that are like new and about 15-18 years old. I believe Amaker was sued and went out of business and then actually became API but not sure on that one. Shawn

• Sitka Gear