BULELK1 18-Sep-17
Wayniac 18-Sep-17
DB999 18-Sep-17
Ermine 18-Sep-17
Zebrakiller 18-Sep-17
t-roy 18-Sep-17
DB999 19-Sep-17
15-Sep-17
Was fortunate enough to bag a shiras bull this year on a once in a lifetime hunt. Have to pick a form for the shoulder mount. We do have vaulted ceilings so the very bottom will hang about 7 feet off the ground. Does anyone have any pics of their shiras bull mount and the pose?

15-Sep-17

TXHunter's embedded Photo
TXHunter's embedded Photo
This is a semi-sneak of a shiras I took back in 2005.

16-Sep-17
That's a pretty huge Shiras, isn't it?? Holy cats!

16-Sep-17
Yessir he went pretty high up in P&Y. Scored 144 7/8 - would have scored about 10-15 points more except he only had one browtine on the left side which shortened that palm measurement considerably. I'm not complaining. :)

Drew the only random tag for WY area 1 in 2005.

16-Sep-17
What an awesome Shiras!! What does the second one look like?!!

16-Sep-17

Plum lake's embedded Photo
Not a Shiras moose but here's another idea. Not the best picture
Plum lake's embedded Photo
Not a Shiras moose but here's another idea. Not the best picture

16-Sep-17
Thanks guys for the pics, the pedestal mount was something I was considering but the room it's going in has vaulted ceilings and not a ton of square footage. So pretty set on a wall mount. Really good looking mount Though! And that top shiras is a bruiser.

16-Sep-17
how did you get all those mounts to stay up sideways like that on the wall? Very nice bull nonetheless!!!

16-Sep-17
DB, My wall space was somewhat limited as well....so I went with a shoulder mount that has the head "twisted", like when bulls are posturing against each other....it projects out of the wall further than normal, but uses less wall space....and I had both mounts done (over time), so that it looks like they are posturing each other, just like in real life....

16-Sep-17
Love to see it medicinemann... I think I know what you are talking about and I really like that mount, my wife is the one that wasn't so sure about it so a good quality picture of it might help me convince her! Ha

16-Sep-17
I had a pedestal wall mount done on a blue wildebeest. Turned out great. Would be a good mount for any larger head.

17-Sep-17

Medicinemann's Link
DB999, This is an example of the "posturing" that I was referring to. Send me your cell phone number (via PM, if you prefer), and I will send you a text photo of the two moose in my gameroom that are "posturing" each other......

17-Sep-17

Tetontrouthunter's embedded Photo
Even small moose make big mounts. Semi sneak right turn.

17-Sep-17

17-Sep-17
Not alot of options

17-Sep-17

Mathewsshootr2's embedded Photo
Mathewsshootr2's embedded Photo

17-Sep-17

bullelk's embedded Photo
bullelk's embedded Photo
This is my 1999 Idaho Shiras mount.

18-Sep-17

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Mine is more from how he came in and lowering his head passing thru the Pine trees in Wyoming.

My walls go from 9ft to 12ft angling Up...

Good luck, Robb

18-Sep-17
Nice moose mounts guys! BULELK1 - love that goose pose too... I may see if I can talk my lady into letting one into the house this season.

18-Sep-17
Thanks everyone - definitely some good looking mounts. Thinking about going with the semi-sneak with a small right turn. My taxidermist said he suggests a small turn as it allows him to do a little more with it (but will obviously do whatever I want). I've seen some straight on mounts that look good too so don't know how much merit is in that...

18-Sep-17
Sneak or semi sneak. Slight turn

18-Sep-17
NICE ONE PLUM LAKE!!!

18-Sep-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Not a Shiras, but....Full sneak, right turn. Modified the back of the form a little bit too.We offset the back slightly so the bull was facing a little more into the center of the room and a bit less to the right. It's about 10 feet to his chin from the floor.

19-Sep-17
I like the that idea with the back of the form. The way our house is set up it will be facing the center of the room or need a slight right turn to face center. Maybe that makes is so I have some versatility. Thanks everyone for the pics and the help.

• Sitka Gear