Fuzzy 19-Oct-17
22-Sep-17

DB999's embedded Photo
DB999's embedded Photo
Per Request, I'll start it. Fall 2017 Colorado Shiras Bull Moose

22-Sep-17
Great bull what state

22-Sep-17
Colorado - Just edited to reflect that. Good point!

22-Sep-17
Great Shiras bull. Congrats!

22-Sep-17
Beautiful Moose, congratulations!!!!

04-Oct-17
Great hunt for sure,. NIce. so for the record, how many total PPs did it take you to draw the tag?

04-Oct-17
NICE! thumbs up

04-Oct-17
Hey Paul - I had 3 and 16 weighted points when I drew. Took 19 total years of applying. Didn't believe the backdoor when I saw I drew!

04-Oct-17

Herdbull's embedded Photo
Alaska solo hunt. Mike

06-Oct-17

Martin Man's embedded Photo
Newfoundland
Martin Man's embedded Photo
Newfoundland

06-Oct-17
Congrats men.

06-Oct-17
Wow,Herdbull. That is a beast.

06-Oct-17

Buskill's embedded Photo
Buskill's embedded Photo
I hunted out of the same cabin as Martin Man a week or so after him . ( rifle )

07-Oct-17
Herdbull, Awesome bull! Doing a solo hunt, how the hell did you get that bull out of there!

07-Oct-17
Probably a lot of hard work and no Facebook time. LOL

07-Oct-17

It took 10 trips to pack meat, ~ 12 hours. This was my 7th solo hunt in Alaska and I posted more detail on a previous thread on bowsite. The down hill was hard on my knees. I had knee scoped for meniscus tear in April. That knee did OK ,but my other knee swelled a bit. Trekking poles were a big help, and it was the first time I used them. Mike

09-Oct-17

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
my first Canadian from Saskatchewan Brother, guide in the yellow and a packer MikeC

09-Oct-17

Blacktail Bob's embedded Photo
Blacktail Bob's embedded Photo
Best bull I saw in Idaho, but I saw maybe 9 different bulls and they were really easy to call in. Actually had another bull bedded 64 yards in front of me when I shot this one, so the bedded bull acted as my decoy when this one came in. Being 64 yards out, my decoy actually resulted in my shot being farther than it otherwise would have been. All the rest of the bulls I called in were 10 to 15 yards away, I shot this one at 52 yards.

09-Oct-17
They are all great! But Herdbull, that is impressive!

10-Oct-17

skinner creek's embedded Photo
Hal's rifle kill.
Hal's rifle kill.

skinner creek's Link
Nice bull for Hal.

10-Oct-17

Jeff's mountain moose.
Jeff's mountain moose.

skinner creek's Link
Another last week, Jeff with another good one. two for two this season.

11-Oct-17

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
New Brunswick 2017 bow kill.

11-Oct-17

GVS's embedded Photo
GVS's embedded Photo
First Shiras moose. Robertson Fatal Styk, Woodsman broadhead. It was an awesome hunt with a good friend who got one as well.

11-Oct-17

GregE's embedded Photo
GregE's embedded Photo
GregE's embedded Photo
Moose near the left edge past the pond
GregE's embedded Photo
Moose near the left edge past the pond
GregE's embedded Photo
GregE's embedded Photo
Wife Judy and daughter Kim left 10 days ago for Wyoming near Bridger Wilderness and the continental Divide for a Moose hunt. The ride share she was going to use has a conflict so they are driving our Dodge 1 ton to be able to transport several large coolers back.

Kim is a Veteran with a 50% disability from her 6 years in the Army. An organization called Hunting with Heroes based in WY selected her for a Shiras Bull Moose hunt and cover all expenses including transportation. She asked Judy to be her plus 1 for this up to 2 week trip. They stayed in a motel and gear packed for snow though it was arid in that area. Apparently this is the First moose tag they have ever drawn for this program. The donor accumulated 18 preference points then paid $1400 non resident rate for the tag. They received permission from several nearby ranches ( that rarely give permission ) and have scouted 5 bulls for her.

On the opening day they spotted a large bodied bull and 6 cows across a pond and after watching for a while they saw it bed. 1.5 hour stalking got her about 60 yards away after using a draw to move into the wind. Upon hearing the shot the landowner cranked up his large tractor and within a couple hours the dressed bull was in the truck.

Long story and shot with Kim's Sako '06, but Hunting with Heroes deserves a huge atta boy.

40" wide with 23" fronts indicate this bull's antlers were past prime. The bull huge size is evident hanging from the volunteer guide's construction forklift.

11-Oct-17
That's a very nice moose! Congratulations to the wounded warrior and God Bless her for her service and sacrifices!

11-Oct-17
Congrats to your daughter, GregE! Great story behind the hunt as well. Give her my thanks for her service as well.

11-Oct-17
Great bulls guys!

11-Oct-17
“Accumulated 18 pp and then spent 1400”. Unbelievable!!!!

12-Oct-17

ACB's embedded Photo
(Rifle) 45" NW Ontario
ACB's embedded Photo
(Rifle) 45" NW Ontario
Since no one protested rifle kills I will add mine for this year . 45" NW Ontario.

12-Oct-17
Love moose hunting!!

Herdbull: Fantastic bull! What do you think was up with his forehead?? Looks painful...

13-Oct-17

Ki-Ke - The moose may have had pain when he damaged the pedicle or skull that spured the initiation of growing the third beam, but after that I think it is just bony antler material complete with dried velvet that grew out on his forehead and half way down his face. This bull was aggressive as he had a hole punched through his right palm from this season. Apon skinning I noted a abscess under the skin on his shoulder comploete with fresh puss. Upon butchering I found two holes punched through his shoulder blade presumably also from tines from the fighting bull. The tines did not puncture lungs. His aggression cost him his life as he came in to fight me after I called out to him. Mike

18-Oct-17

Elcrzy1's embedded Photo
2017 Colorado 41”
Elcrzy1's embedded Photo
2017 Colorado 41”

18-Oct-17

Bear Track's embedded Photo
Bear Track's embedded Photo
My 2017 bull. Manitoba

18-Oct-17
Brooks Range meat bull with a couple great buddies along to help out. Sept 2017.

18-Oct-17

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo

19-Oct-17
Buskill, looks li9ke you had a good trip. Awesome moose, and a REAL beast for Newfoundland! Congratulations!

19-Oct-17
Thanks, Fuzz. It was a great trip and a fun drive . We were 14 hours from Charlottesville to Bangor first day then 10 hours from Bangor to North Sydney the next . Little bit faster on the way home . Easy border crossings ( Calais ). Thanks for all the advice .

19-Oct-17
24 driving hours is about right. Glad it went well. Did you get to check out Charlene's Restaurant on Cape Breton Island?

• Sitka Gear