snapcrackpop 25-Sep-17
stick n string 25-Sep-17
snapcrackpop 26-Sep-17
loprofile 26-Sep-17
stick n string 26-Sep-17
NEIAbowhunter 26-Sep-17
Landshark Launcher 28-Sep-17
25-Sep-17
Asking for more info from you guys. Got a lot of the info i was looking for on the X-stand i was looking at, and greatly appreciate it.

Am now looking at the Muddy stalker climbing stand. It actually is cheaper than the X-stand and is only spec'd at 4 more lbs, and still only half the weight of my current Summit. I was able to find some reviews on it and all of them were good. But i wanna hear from Bowsiters. If any of you have experience, please let me know what you think. Cabelas is running free shipping until tomorrow night, so im hoping to make a decision by lunchtime or so tomorrow. Thanks again in advance, you guys here rock....

25-Sep-17
ive only heard negatives about Muddy...

25-Sep-17
What bad things do you hear, snap? All the reviews I can find look good. I watched a video on the model I am looking at and it looks good, my only concern is the "strap" part that goes around the tree are a plastic coated chain. I worry a bit that these chains having movement between them horizontally may affect how well you can climb certain trees, whether it be rougher bark or knots/bumps on the tree on the way up. Maybe no one has experience with the stalker model or other muddys, but I know there have been climbers in the past that used a coated chain to go around the tree. Are there likes or dislikes on that style of strap? Thanks

26-Sep-17
I've heard the stand really weighs 20-21 pounds. Otherwise people were complaining about Muddy quality after they were sold to Big Game or something like that. I have no personal experience with that stand. sorry for the confusion

26-Sep-17
Reviews based on first hand experience are often helpful. Others not so much. Kind of like fake news.

26-Sep-17
Appreciate your time and effort snap. I talked to a few guys that have a little experience with them and it was a risk worth taking. I had some Cabela's cards and Cabela's points so it really didn't cost much out of pocket to give it a shot. I did also hear that they tend to be a little bit heavier than advertised because the advertised weight is the stand minus the arm pads and seat and that kind of stuff. Even at 20 pounds, my other stand is 30, so I think it's going to be a fairly good difference. I will report my findings in a couple weeks, just in case anybody cares

26-Sep-17
Probably 15 years ago when I could youth hunt, a friend of my dad's took me the first year. I can't tell you the brand of the climber he had. I was just excited to be in the woods. It had a plastic coating around the chain. The stand was heavily used so the plastic was breaking and peeling away from the chain. As far as climbing with it, we never had any problems with it and he still has it so it must be holding up good. It sounds like you already bought it from your last post so I hope you enjoy it but as I said no problems with the chain that you were concerned about.

28-Sep-17
I have three hang on muddy stands, they are rock solid on the tree, only thing bad I can say, it's hard to buy a replacement seat.

• Sitka Gear