Deflatem 03-Oct-17
Mule Power 03-Oct-17
Buffalo1 03-Oct-17
Missouribreaks 03-Oct-17
76aggie 04-Oct-17
Will 04-Oct-17
Spiral Horn 05-Oct-17
25-Sep-17
I sent my Bushnell Elite 7x26 binos to Bushnell for repair and refurb. I received a letter from Bushnell this weekend stating that parts were longer available for my binos and repair would cost more than a new pair of binos. My focus wheel was slipping when trying to focus on a object and the focus wheel was wobbly. Also, one lens had a slight scratch.

I pleaded with the CS rep for possible repai,r but he told me it just wasn't possible and if it were it would not be worth the cost. I asked the CS rep what the normal life of their binos. He told me normal life expectancy was 25-30 years.

Bushnell offered me a deal for a pair of new 2017 Bushnell Elite binos at a great price. I took the deal and Bushnell will keep my pair of Bushnell Elite binos. Guess I got my money's worth out of them- they only lasted 39 years. I've seen a lot of things through those bino.

Bushnell CS is very courteous, kind and puts out a good product in my opinion. Plus a great deal on a new pair which I was told is an even higher quality product than the 1978 version.

25-Sep-17
I have purchased and used numerous Bushnell products during my 60+ year hunting journey. I have always found their products to be affordable and to offer acceptable quality. I know there are higher quality products out there, but I have never felt I needed that level of improved performance at three to ten times the Bushnell price. In my book, the level of improved performance did not match the inflated price.

25-Sep-17
I have a pair of the dot I believe is the model and they work just fine. Clear and easy to carry.

25-Sep-17
I have a pair of the dot I believe is the model and they work just fine. Clear and easy to carry.

25-Sep-17
Bought a pair of legends used for about 125. Needed a couple adjustments at the factory. For $10 they repaired and sent em back fixed. My experience is excellent CS and a great deal for what I paid. Would by another pair for sure.

25-Sep-17
Great company and decent products. Of course the optics snobs here will trash them.

25-Sep-17
They offer affordable options to those not willing or able to throw down the money premier glass makers require. Probably more game has been killed while looking through bushnell glass than all the others combined, because of their intended market. Are they the best? Not a chance. But, they work and get the job done for a lot of people.

Coming out heavy is the name of the game no matter the gear you choose. If it makes you happy and helps you do that, what others think really doesn't matter. God Bless

25-Sep-17
Bushnell is great product for the money. I have a Bushnell Primos Truth range finder that was a gift, and is great. Bushnell also makes Simmons, and I have not been impressed with their products.

25-Sep-17
The old Bushnell Banner and Scopechief scopes of the 1970's were dirt cheap and darn good glass. I had several, and none ever failed us.

27-Sep-17
compared to Tasco they are world class

27-Sep-17
I think they are okay if you want to get a "bigger" look at an animal in fairly open terrain, but aren't that good if you want to "trophy-judge" an animal or find animals in brush.

27-Sep-17
Where are you? I have a pair that were pretty cheap. Probably 12 ~ years old now. Where I hunt, you are mostly using them to investigate a "movement" you thought you saw like 75yds away. They work well for that for me. They cant see through trees, so being better at longer distances wouldnt really help me.

Now, I'm sure a set of Swaro's would be better... But for me, they are not 1400 bucks better (or more).

Enjoy the Bushnell's, they are a solid tool.

27-Sep-17
I've never owned a pair of their binocs, but I do have one of their original model range finders and it still works. That thing is at least 20 years old. I have used their rifle scopes on various rifles over the years with no complaints. They make a good middle of the road product from my experience.

27-Sep-17
Every Bushnell binocular I've looked though has surprised me as to their terrible quality. Nikon's don't cost that much more and are far better.

28-Sep-17
I received my new Bushnell Custom Elite binos today. Very nice size and very clear.

Bushnell told me 7-10 days delivery. Got them in 4 days. Good shipping service.

Am pleased.

29-Sep-17
I've had no luck with any Bushnell. I just bought their Elite 1 mile rangefinder (on sale for $279, normal price is $700) and it too, is worthless on long range soft targets. Every scope I've had won't keep zero, every pair of binocs fogs, and every rangefinder won't range effectively.

29-Sep-17
true thornton, but the cost is right. if the brand never worked for you and you had all those problems why did you drop another 300 bucks on the stuff

29-Sep-17
Bushnell Elites ? Are Bushnell binos any good ?

Elites are Fully multicoated and feature XTR® technology, their Advanced Fusion Hybrid Lens System delivers 99.7% light transmission per lens which promotes edge-to edge clarity, contrast and color-true imagery , they use premium ED Prime glass.

I've been using top end glass for 30 years , it spoils you a bit. But, for Bushnell's price point I'd say they give you good glass for the price. I have a pair of Leupold 6x Katmai's and I love them. They are 10 years old and I paid about 240$ . There are good buys out there. I will say.... young eyes benefit more from quality glass!

29-Sep-17
Just buy a set of leupold 10x42 in the 230 to 250 dollar range and you'll never need to replace them again. You'll end up buying 2 or 3 sets of lower cost bushnells anyway.

29-Sep-17
Very happy with my binos and range finder from Bushnell.

29-Sep-17
No

29-Sep-17
Because the Elite has always been their best of the brand. I figured for the price I couldn't go wrong. It does range hard targets to a mile. I had to get a rangefinder to pair with my 1 mile gun and I didn't want to spend $700-$2000. Every other bushnell I owned I returned. I think for the money and quality you can't go wrong with Nikon

29-Sep-17
I am a big fan of Tasco

30-Sep-17
When it came time to buy my sons their own bino's I researched and settled on buying used made in Japan Pentax WP/DCF with twist up eye cups at auction at Ebay. The 10x42's cost me $125, the 8x42's cost me about the same. I feel they are among the best bino's that can be bought for under $300, they are IMHO better made and are of better all around optical quality than my made in Japan Leupold Wind River bino's. You can get some very good optical values at Ebayif you know exactly what your looking to buy.

30-Sep-17
Well I started this thread with dry sarcasm- I mean for binos to last 39 yrs was pretty good. I have also use Bushnell ranger finder for hunting and another Bushnell range finder for golf. I've got a Bushnell rifle scope that his been in operation since 1991. I've found Bushnell to put out pretty good optics equipment for the cost.

Interesting what others have said and experienced with Bushnell. Guess I've been pretty lucky.

Hope my new Bushnell Custom Elite binos last 39 yrs!! They are suppose to be better quality than the old ones.

01-Oct-17
You must not be very hard on them. My last rangefinder took a dunk in the Gunnison as I was retrieving a downed elk.

01-Oct-17
Well...they're probably better than Vivitar.

01-Oct-17
Good for what? For hunting deer from a tree stand absolutely. For any short term glassing probably depending on distance and light conditions. More expensive optics shine in low light and when reducing fatigue is a factor due to glassing for lots of hours every day.

01-Oct-17
I agree Mule Power- there is a bino for every type of hunting. I used/use Bushnell Elite for bear hunting, WT hunting and African waterhole. I have other binos for hunting antelope, western deer, etc. when hunting longer distances and more time looking behind the glass.

03-Oct-17
If Bushnell is all you can fit in your budget, go for it. Personally I would forget Bushnell and save for some real quality. You will never regret it.

03-Oct-17
A great glass for less than the Cadillac level stuff is Steiner. You won't be disappointed if you invest in that.

03-Oct-17
I own a pair of Strieners and like them too.

03-Oct-17
Not really a good binocular but are ok for short range in excellent light. Add some distance, fog, smoke, dim light, or long glassing hours and the expensive binoculars will out perform.

04-Oct-17
I have a pair of Bushnell 8X42's that have served me very, very well. Probably cost a tad north of 100 dollars. For most hunting purposes (for me, whitetail at home) that are just what I need. I did spring for a pair of Swaro 10X42's a few years ago and they have their place, especially when glassing for long periods of time. They are superior to the Bushnells but each have their place.

04-Oct-17
Hit me, after looking through today's mail... That a great spot for higher end bino's cheap is Sierra Trading Post. They often have higher end bino's at about 50%. I dont need em, so havent bought em... But, if someone is in the market it may be worth a check if you are ok with "last years" vs "current model year" scenarios etc...

05-Oct-17

Spiral Horn's Link
There are better binoculars for around the same price as Bushnell. I’ve attached a pretty detailed review by some binocular experts who list a few reasonably priced gems.

Personally think the New Vortex Diamondbacks are the best binocular under $250

Vortex Razor HDs are absolutely the Best Buy in Binos — currently on sale for $1k — you won’t ever regret buying them

Best hunting binos currently available are Zeiss Victory SF T* or the Leica Noctovid

• Sitka Gear