dg72a 29-Sep-17
Bou'bound 29-Sep-17
CCOVEY 29-Sep-17
PECO 29-Sep-17
PECO 29-Sep-17
PECO 29-Sep-17
dg72a 30-Sep-17
26-Sep-17
What have you guys got for a bow press, and a bow vice?

26-Sep-17
I have a portable bow master for minor work. Cheap and effective, but can't break down a bow with it. I use it mostly for adjusting my peep and yoke tuning. Plans for a ez press soon though

26-Sep-17
I have a Bow Time machine the past three years. I also had an Xpress however I found it to be a pain the ass to adjust. BTM Is a great easy to use press and Jim good guy to deal with, very helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it, Last Chance makes a good press as well, I used the deluxe quite a bit, really solid product. Not a fan of the company but their products are very good.

26-Sep-17
ez green press is the best bang for your buck, great press

26-Sep-17
I have an older X press that has served me well.

26-Sep-17
Always make sure you don't press on to your draw stops or you will bend the cam! Then your bow will be un-tunable

26-Sep-17
Scoot, can you show your bow in that press? Curious.

I have an old apple press, it won't work on just about every bow in the house now, to short and to parallel with the limbs.

Using a rachet strap portable press, works, but pain in the butt.

26-Sep-17
EZ Press and draw board. Can't remember the name of the vice,and I'm out of town.

28-Sep-17
BTM . Warning though . Working on bow's can become an addiction .

28-Sep-17

CCOVEY's embedded Photo
rack to store them
CCOVEY's embedded Photo
rack to store them
CCOVEY's embedded Photo
Draw board. Arrow saw and press in the back
CCOVEY's embedded Photo
Draw board. Arrow saw and press in the back
CCOVEY's embedded Photo
Back wall is where i keep serving, fletching, tools, etc. I helped my buddy work on his bow so here he is helping me build a rifle!
CCOVEY's embedded Photo
Back wall is where i keep serving, fletching, tools, etc. I helped my buddy work on his bow so here he is helping me build a rifle!
CCOVEY's embedded Photo
Dont mind the gun, only pictures i had on my phone showing the layout of the work benches. Bow vice is on the end. Storage container is great for inserts, points, parts, etc.
CCOVEY's embedded Photo
Dont mind the gun, only pictures i had on my phone showing the layout of the work benches. Bow vice is on the end. Storage container is great for inserts, points, parts, etc.
Monster PAC Press, apple archery bow vice, built a draw board, and a ton of misc parts/pieces/etc. My shop looks like a pro shop as ive added and learned something every year since i started doing my own work. Ill warn you, you will start doing work for all your buddies and their buddies just to learn as much as you can about each manufacturers bow and how they tune. I built a paper tuning station in my basement along with a few other cool racks as i typically have 4-8 bows in a out of my house at one time. I charge a 12 pack of Bud light for each person, haha. To think it all started with a fletching jig and an arrow saw 6 years ago when multiple bow shops did me dirty.

28-Sep-17
^^ Awesome setup!

29-Sep-17
Great pics and info, guys. Thanks.

29-Sep-17
I have a portable bow master for minor work. Cheap and effective I use it mostly for adjusting my peep, changing cables/ strings, etc.

29-Sep-17
Thanks Carcus!

29-Sep-17
I have an Apple bow press and vise. I also have a portable cable press, I have not used it yet.

29-Sep-17
double post

29-Sep-17
triple post

30-Sep-17
Will the Portable Bow Master with the split limb L-Brackets work on my Mathews HTR without any problems?

• Sitka Gear