ohiohunter 26-Sep-17
No Mercy 26-Sep-17
Bowriter 26-Sep-17
Leadman 05-Oct-17
BOWNBIRDHNTR 07-Oct-17
Bowriter 07-Oct-17
APauls 07-Oct-17
26-Sep-17
You might check Vortex, I'm not sure of the cost but I hear good things about them. They also have great customer service. You should do some research before investing in the Nikon range finders.

26-Sep-17
I've not handled a vortex but have heard good things. Another to look at is Sig Kilos, they have a few shorter range models that will fit your bill w/ no fault lifetime warranty too.

26-Sep-17
Vortex just came out with a more inexpensive 850 model-that includes the lifetime warranty

26-Sep-17
Since Vortex has nothing to do with your question, I'll try to be more helpful. I have no idea what the lightning bolt means. I cannot get one to come on i my Halo. My initial thought would be a poor battery connection but that is just a guess. Could you have dropped it or gotten it wet? Since you have tried new batteries, you can eliminate that. Therefore, I feel it is in the connection. Try cleaning the terminals with perhaps alcohol and a soft cloth. Another idea, completely off the wall is, it is saying low light conditions. I have a camera that shows that symbol when a flash is needed. Bottom line...I have no idea but at least I didn't tell you to buy a Vortex. I have a Halo and it works perfectly but cannot make a lightning bolt appear.

05-Oct-17
I believe thats a symbol for lazer it uses to get range with. I bought a halo and it messed up on me after a rainy hunt. I put it aside and bought a bushnell. Tried it agian with new battery and it worked fine. I believe they have moisture issues. Also make sure lazer lens is very clean.

07-Oct-17
"It was made by Wild Game Innovations out of Texas, so I called them,,,, they said they did not know"...a reply like that from a manufacturer should be enough to justify other posters offering advice on other brands. I don't see where anyone told him to buy a Vortex, they were simply offering valid suggestions for other range finders since another brand was being considered.

BTW, I have a Vortex and a Bushnell (old one without angle comp) and both work very well.

07-Oct-17
LOL- Another helpful post. :)

07-Oct-17
well at the end of his post he said he was looking for another rangefinder...

• Sitka Gear