SteveB 01-Oct-17
Randy 01-Oct-17
28-Sep-17

CO_Bowhunter's embedded Photo
Bull elk laughing at the stormy weather
Bull elk laughing at the stormy weather

CO_Bowhunter's Link
This bull elk is not phased at all by the high wind and moisture setting in. I had a second camera and the IR light worked well to illuminate this bull. The tree my camera was attached to was about 6 inches in diameter.

28-Sep-17
I figured they would stay in, in weather like that. ;). Good bull, good video.

28-Sep-17
Wow, that's clear!!

What camera/ model ??

28-Sep-17

CO_Bowhunter's Link
LINK, you made me laugh. A friend who is a chef in Estes Park laments the fact that many tourists ask him, "What time do you let the elk out in the morning?" This is a holdover from when staff at Yellowstone Park and Glacier National Park took tourists on buses out to the dumps to watch the bears. There are still many, unfortunately, that view wildlife in national parks as their personal entertainment.

GregE, the off the shelf camera I recommend heartily is the Browning Recon Force Extreme. The camera used to capture this footage is a far cry from that camera. This camera is the StealthCam 4k but I find it to be very subpar to the Browning. It records at a paltry 30fps and the quality of the video compared to the Browning is very mediocre. Check out the video link for this reply to get an idea of the quality of the Browning Recon Force Extreme. I included a screen grab of the mountain lion from the Browning camera clip.

28-Sep-17
David: all of your videos are amazing. Granted the Browning camera is nice but you get it placed in unbelievable spots.

28-Sep-17

Lost Arra, thanks for your gracious comments. It's something I spend time at 52 weeks a year. Some call it a passion. Others who know me well wonder if it's a sickness. I suppose there are worse addictions than spending time in lion infested canyons.

30-Sep-17
Yes,

Great videos, thanks for posting that link.

30-Sep-17
Nice video. Just another day for a mountain critter.

Can't say I'd be un-fazed by a thunderstorm at that high elevation.

Loved the relaxed lion video too.

30-Sep-17
Spectacular footage and amazing quality.

Thanks for sharing!

01-Oct-17
We sure were affected by the wind on my hunt in Arizona 5a. 11hunting days and the best days overcome by high winds. Some with constant 30 and 50 mph gusts. Elk my be elk during storms but very hard to locate or call in that wind!

01-Oct-17
Great videos. Thank you for sharing.

• Sitka Gear