Nimrod90 02-Oct-17
stick n string 02-Oct-17
Stryker 03-Oct-17
Bowfinatic 03-Oct-17
pointingdogs 03-Oct-17
29-Sep-17

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Check out this photo of my brother. He actually hesitated on shooting this guy(waiting for a bigger one?) and we have a series of photos of him changing his mind and trying to draw back when the deer was at 5 yards. No chance. Great photo though!

29-Sep-17
Great photo. I think I'd move my stand to the front of the tree though.

29-Sep-17
Front of the tree??? I guess if you know for sure which direction a deer is going to approach from, you could position the stand for that.

29-Sep-17
I assume the camera placement indicates the place the hunter figured the deer would be in his shooting lane. If he's not in a shooting lane the need for a backdrop is not as essential as the deer would have an obstructed view. It obviously worked for him, just a small observation.

29-Sep-17
The antlers make a nice frame

29-Sep-17
"The antlers make a nice frame"

Though they sure don't leave much doubt as to where the buck is looking....

That is a GREAT tree. I think if I could, I'd set up a stand on the inside of one of those trunks - preferably a platform that would allow me to stand up (making me look like 1 more trunk) and move to shooting windows on all sides.

But no matter... that's is a GREAT pic. Would make an excellent magazine cover, if the image quality were there....

29-Sep-17

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Here's another neat one from a hunt in Kansas.

29-Sep-17
Great pic of the deer looking at the Hunter. Also, great pic of skylining yourself, good teaching aid to new hunters.

29-Sep-17
Great pic of the deer looking at the Hunter. Also, great pic of skylining yourself, good teaching aid to new hunters.

29-Sep-17
I have to try and get the action photo's. There are a group of them showing him draw and the deer bolting

29-Sep-17

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Rifle hunter ended up shooting this deer

29-Sep-17

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Right when the hunter changed his mind

29-Sep-17
Can't find the next one but it shows the deer immediately drop and bolt right before he was ready to shoot

29-Sep-17
Nice photo, if he were anywhere else in the tree there would be no cool photo to post. Just the fact that the deer was 5 yards from him tells me that he was doing something right with his setup. I have to get one of those spots where the deer are in the open in the daytime. Just doesn't happen with deer, especially mature bucks, where I am.

29-Sep-17
Private ranch in South Dakota. River bottom setup.

29-Sep-17
It appears the deer was onto him the whole time he just went in for a closer look. Thus the reason he could get drawn. I bet had he tried drawing at the time of the initial pic he would have been busted too.

29-Sep-17
Very cool pic!

Looks like the deer’s ears are relaxed, indicating to me that he wasn’t on alert. Timing is everything. If the camera had tripped 2 seconds earlier, the deer very easily could have been looking at the camera itself.

30-Sep-17
I have seen pictures like that with bear and the arrow passing though it. Front half out of backmhalf still on he body

30-Sep-17
And hang it higher than 7 ft....

Cool pic for sure. Oh, to have the caliber of deer running around to have to talk myself into shootin that buck.... ha

30-Sep-17

30-Sep-17

Forest bows's embedded Photo
Forest bows's embedded Photo
Should of been in the stand

01-Oct-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
It doesn't matter what direction you have the stand facing, they will come from behind and over your right shoulder. I shot this photo of my good friend and often my videographer, Mike Lapinski. I was using a 300 lens and this was before digital. For at least five-minutes, this buck and three smaller ones before it, "played" around behind him. Then...he missed. :) BTW- I do not own, never have and never will, a trail cam. Any photo I post, you can assume I shot it with a hand-held. Just thought I would mention.

01-Oct-17
Doesn't necessarily appear to be in the trophy photo, but I would've thought for sure that deer was blind. ;^)

01-Oct-17
Nice buck Forest. Sometimes those cameras can be a jinx.

Bowriter......I could give a rat’s a$$ whether or not you have ever owned or used a trail camera. Just thought I would mention.

02-Oct-17
That's a super cool pic - as well as the other pics - really awesome to catch those moments.

Also funny that there are two "Will"s on here :)... I'm not the OP.

02-Oct-17
Bowriter, I could swear I saw your pic at one point in a magazine, was it ever in one?

02-Oct-17
T-roy, u made me LOL.

Just wanted to mention.

03-Oct-17

Stryker's embedded Photo
Stryker's embedded Photo
I told my wife she needed to be in her stand this day

03-Oct-17
T-Roy ???? classic

03-Oct-17
Really neat photos

• Sitka Gear