wild1 02-Oct-17
29-Sep-17
Let's hear your recipes I tried grilling them and it was terrible

29-Sep-17
Boil, skin, soak, bread, fry

29-Sep-17
raw

29-Sep-17
Freeze them, skin, slice thin (about an 1/8"). Dredge them in an egg wash then, roll in Louisiana seasoning fish fry. Then fry them up. Yum, make you want to "slap ya mama" LOL

29-Sep-17
eww

29-Sep-17
Leave them in the gut pile

29-Sep-17
Ben's method is a good way. Another way is to slice them and fry gently in butter. Very good. If you eat them rare and from a rutting animal, you get the testosterone and it make you strong like ox.

29-Sep-17
There is a restaurant in Colorado outside of Denver called the Fort.

They serve them daily. We let Morgan eat one and about 1/2 way into eating it we told her what is was. She wasn't happy at all!!!

29-Sep-17
I'm always wondering if that's where our friend Paul hails from, but now I know that he lives up the hill...

I've never had bull fries from a rutting buck or bull, and I'm not sure I'm in a hurry; seems like they'd be better from a calf that hasn't quite caught on yet.

But if I ever get to share a camp with Ike, I'll let him cook 'em up right. Probably NEED a dose of some free-range organic PEDs to get the rest of the bull off the mountain anyway....

29-Sep-17
The recipe I gave was for pork or beef fries. Here we can call the vet and get them from him or when we cut our own calves or piglets we save them. I have never had them from a deer but they couldn't be too much different. Never had turkey fries but, I've heard they are best.

29-Sep-17
I've always wanted to try sheep just cause they're so dang huge.

29-Sep-17

cnelk's Link
I drive 20 mins out to Severance Colorado to a world famous place called Bruce's Bar.

Where geese fly & bulls cry...

29-Sep-17
"I've always wanted to try sheep just cause they're so dang huge."

We're a little too much inside the mind of Ike now.

30-Sep-17
Bruce's is hard to beat!

30-Sep-17
Save them off the young bulls that come through our kill floor all the time. I skin, boil, slice, dredge in egg wash and some kind of flour or cornmeal mix, fry. Makes my mouth water! Never tried any wildgame but I am thinking about it.

The sweet bread is really good too!

30-Sep-17
Guess I should have mentioned that if I ever get to share a camp with Ike... I'll be happy to bring my own tent....

30-Sep-17
I've had calf nuts, sliced thin and fried in butter, pretty dang good...

01-Oct-17
Ike is turned on by huge nuts that's what I got from this thread! Lmfao!

01-Oct-17
I have had desert sheep nuts several times. IMO not that great. People would eat a turd if it was cooked in butter and garlic. You can have them.

01-Oct-17
Severance Colorado.A perfect name for a town where these are sold.

01-Oct-17
My old roomate told me as a kid they had a farm hand from Central America and when they would castrate the hogs he would take a few and just put them on the hot tin roof of the shed to cook in the sun for a few hours just turning them once or twice. A few hours later he would just put some salt on em and eat them. Always gave me the willys thinking about it.

01-Oct-17
My old roomate told me as a kid they had a farm hand from Central America and when they would castrate the hogs he would take a few and just put them on the hot tin roof of the shed to cook in the sun for a few hours just turning them once or twice. A few hours later he would just put some salt on em and eat them. Always gave me the willys thinking about it.

01-Oct-17
Cooked to well done they are great, medium well or less not so much.

02-Oct-17
I had some in Mexico one time. They were skinned, sliced, seasoned with jalepeno and deep fat fried. And they were really large. They were made from the testicles of bulls that were killed during the daily bull fight.

I bragged about them and my friend wanted to go try them. We went back to the restaurant and ordered the mountain oysters. When they were served they were very small so I asked the waiter why the mountain oysters were so large the last time and small this time.

His answer was, "senor, sometimes bull wins".

02-Oct-17
clean them, slice crosswise 3/4" thick,. bread in seasoned flour, pan-fry in hot oil.

02-Oct-17
Hahahahah Ken, good one.

02-Oct-17
Good one Ken, I've heard the same joke LOL.

Yeah, me not all that interested in eating them - leave them in the field...

02-Oct-17
Marinade in olive oil and balsamic overnight.

Add Montreal steak seasoning and garlic powder.

Place on cedar plank and grill on low for about 20 minutes.

Through away rocky mountain oysters and eat the cedar plank.

• Sitka Gear