Elk
Contributors to this thread:
joebuck 30-Sep-17
md5252 30-Sep-17
Sage Buffalo 30-Sep-17
bearguide 26-Nov-17
Bowriter 26-Nov-17
30-Sep-17
I'll be 64 in a couple of days and it's time to complete some of my hunting bucket items. For starters, I'm taking my son on a Plains Game bowhunt to South Africa (Limcroma) in August of 2018, In 2019 I'd like to go on a guided Elk bowhunt and in 2020 another Moose bowhunt.

I consider myself a pretty good whitetail hunter, but after two DIY elk hunts to Colorado I consider myself a novice. My two biggest mistakes in my DIY hunts was 1) going with other novice elk hunters and 2) hunting elk too much like I hunt whitetails in that I sat in a spot that look good. I've been reading a lot on the internet in an attempt to increase my elk knowledge, but really need to hunt with someone who really knows what they are doing.

Bottom line, I need your help in recommending me an outfitter that can increase my chances in harvesting an elk and even more increase my knowledge level and experience of elk hunting. I may be 64. but physical fitness is not yet a concern. I have 2 preference points in Colorado, but I'm open to bowhunting elk anywhere. My budget for the outfitter is approx. $5,000 and I'm not looking at a trophy elk. I've looked at lots of Elk Outfitter web sites and quite frankly I'm overwhelmed and need your help. Thanks!!!

30-Sep-17
Read the recent thread on "advice on guided archery elk hunt". A lot of good points in there

Anyway, if I were you I'd try and find an outfitter who strictly does private property and has a long history of customer service and success.

Public land Outfitters are always a gamble in my opinion.

I'd spend a little more if you had too

30-Sep-17
Spend a little more and go with Montana Hunt & Fish Co. or another guide like that where you are looking at 100% opportunity/harvest if you can shoot straight.

At that price point you can shoot some nice elk.

26-Nov-17
Bullseye outfitting in trout creek, Montana. They give a real good hunt. Guys names is Ben mummert.

26-Nov-17
PM sent

• Sitka Gear