Wildarea26 03-Nov-17
stick n string 03-Nov-17
snapcrackpop 03-Nov-17
loprofile 03-Nov-17
Skip72 04-Nov-17
5575 05-Nov-17
Z7Xtreme 08-Nov-17
06-Oct-17
I always play the wind and do my best to shower in scent free soap, hang my cloths out and watch my approach to my stands but sometimes, the deer don't read the script or the wind switches and swirls. Because of that, I have looked at the Ozonics and wonder if it is worth the investment. I used a buddies for bear hunting last year and shot a nice bear but I don't know if it was because of the Ozonics. Before I spend $300, I would like to hear from others what you think about them? Is it a wise investment? Thanks

06-Oct-17
Multiple threads on here about ozonics.

06-Oct-17
Yes but bears can smell ozonics and csn get real close.

06-Oct-17
This is my take on products such as Ozonics and IMHO it applies to just about all aspects of when people want a solution to a problem that offers instant success to a otherwise difficult problem that normally requires hard work and as is the case with scent control, LOTS of hard work. Products like Ozonics exploits this very common human desire and tendency that when faced with the choice of either spending large amount of time consuming hard work to deal with a problem or the far simpler, easier and in comparison effortless solution of spending only money, a great many people opt to spend the money. This is why products like Ozonics and Scent-Lock come in to being. Another excellent example is the OTC weight loss pill industry. People spend 10's of millions of dollars every year on weight loss pills because for what ever reason they don't watch what they eat or can't or wont exercise. Does Ozonics work? I honestly don't know, but unless it comes with a unconditional life time no questions asked guarantee there is no way in he!! I would shell out the $300++ dollars that it costs. Something that gets used every single time I hunt in all types of weather and is subject to a high likelihood of harsh use and or serious damage due to being dropped 15-25' that costs a considerable amount of money and like all plastic housed electronic equipment is likely to damage rather easily and costs over $300 had better come with a killer warrantee before I invest my $$$ in a scientifically unproven product. Just my 2c worth.

06-Oct-17
Awesome-always great to hear opinions of people that have never used a product.

I have and do use an ozonics. Yes-I have read every con posted here by EVERYONE. Yes-I still use it-because I have seen results from it. I do practice a very strict scent regimen. My time spent in the field is very limited , so I want to maximize that time. If Ozonics can improve my experience, I will use it.

Flame away haters.....

06-Oct-17
Only you can decide if it is worth it. Some people swear by it, my experience with one didn't convince me. So if spending hundreds on something that might work or works sometimes is worth it to you, go for it and good luck.

06-Oct-17
I wouldn't use it even if it worked. I like being kept honest, success is that much more rewarding.

06-Oct-17
I like it when I get busted. It's an Integral part of the hunt for sure. An outfitter I hunted with in ND uses them and it did seem to help in a ground blind but I don't see how it would work in a tree? Good luck, C

06-Oct-17
I'll pass on ozonics.

I'm just waiting for one of those bracers the Predator wears in those movies. I wonder if it has scent control as well as invisibility.

06-Oct-17
I hate getting busted Charlie ;-)

I have not used one, my scent control regime works pretty good, but I know good people using them and they say they work. They are not perfect, nothing is, but they help a lot according to them. I would like to try one but don't want to spend the $$.

06-Oct-17
I'll take a pass on the ozonics. I'm working on reducing what's in my pack not adding to it. Actually, I'm working on eliminating my pack.

Ozonics May or may not work, I don't know. For me it's the principle. A lot of the joy of hunting is outwitting the animal using my senses against his senses . And may The sharpest senses prevail

06-Oct-17
I like how guys say its almost unfair to use any scent control but in their right pocket is a rangefinder.. just guess the distance make it more challenging! I use things that help me be successful. does it make me a bad hunter? Nope

06-Oct-17
I use it and I know it works. When you can fool a hog's nose, or a coyote's you've done something. I've fooled both with the Ozonics. Sometimes, with deer, you can't tell for sure, as some of them are more curious than others. Ever notice how you'll break into a clearing and there will be deer looking at you when you first see them ? That's because they hesrd or smelled your approach, but waited to lay eyes on you before running. If the same thing happens with a hog, he won't be looking at you, because he's neither smelled nor heard you. If he had he'd be GONE ! Hogs have zero curiosity in wild settings. If you've hunted a hog hunting operation, don't compare them to free range wild hogs, it just ain't the same. They are the most difficult animal that I've hunted to put an arrow in and I've had them straight downwind using my normal scent control plus Ozonics, but never without the Ozonics. Killing them with a rifle at 100+ yards is somewhat easy, depending on circumstances, but bowhunting them is tough ! The reason I use Ozonics is because I have several good spots on my place that I just can't depend on the wind. Creek bottoms will make you pull your hair out, and if that's where the animal are, then I'm gonna hunt there if I can. Ozonics makes that possible.

06-Oct-17
Agreed. There is certainly nothing unfair about trying to cover your scent.

06-Oct-17
This is my take on products such as Ozonics and IMHO it applies to just about all aspects of when people want a solution to a problem that offers instant success to a otherwise difficult problem that normally requires hard work and as is the case with scent control, LOTS of hard work.

I love my thermacell its too much work swatting all those mosquitoes in the spring !!

06-Oct-17
ARROWONEPY, that is a poor comparison. A range finder helps hunters make ethical shots. I don't see how ozonics aids in the ethics of the hunt?

06-Oct-17
It gets you closer to game undetected making for an easier ethical shot? :) All of these analogies are just that, analogies. Use it if it gives you confidence. If you think it's hocus pocus witchcraft then don't use it. Just go hunting and enjoy your time in the woods!

06-Oct-17
Last year I won a Scent Crusher, had never heard of it but decided to try it when I got a chance. First time out I forgot about it completely and I had numerous deer come out and move downwind of me. After a short time the deer became nervous and walked off. The next day I put my clothes in my truck for about 2 hrs with the Scent Crusher on before I went hunting. The same group of deer came out and moved downwind just like the night before but this time they all fed for several minutes with no sign of nervousness. It seemed to work for me, that said I'm not running out and spending $300 bucks for big unit.

06-Oct-17
I know of no way to test it on deer. A deer downwind of you, may or may not smell you. It all depends on where the "tendril" of scent goes. I can be above a deer or to the side and we have no way of knowing. Were you to use a banana and Ozonics at the same time, you would have no way of knowing which worked. However. That said. If you think it works. If you believe in it, you will hunt longer and more alertly and often, that spells success. On the other hand,it sounds tome as though you are already all that can be done. Dartonjager pretty much summed it up.

06-Oct-17
I believe Ozone works in a blind, it also works to cleanse ones clothes and eliminate scent. To use out in an open air environment with any type is sustained wind then no not so much. I have used one and returned it and got my money back. I do own an airlzone ozone machine and swear by it to eliminate odors in my truck, house and on my hunting clothes. Shawn

07-Oct-17
It's your hard earned money,mid you don't mind waiting it them go buy one. Don't let anyone talk you out of buying one. Doesn't matter if it's to small to do the job min an open air situation. Doesn't matter that it can be harmful if you beat he it in while sitting in a blind. The tv hunters show a glimpse of it during the show so it must work. Ignore all the reviews, buy one and then you can tell us if it works, don't forget to ask about a discount on hecs suit when you buy your ozonics,

07-Oct-17
Well, and there its settled....guess u shoulda just PMed him from the start....ugh

07-Oct-17
Ozonyx... sounds like a really bad stripper name.

08-Oct-17
For destroying odor on clothes in a bag yes. Outdoors doesn't create enough O3,(play the wind instead). indoors damages your lungs-causes you to cough due to the irritation. Um you want that while hunting???

08-Oct-17
I have used it on hogs and whitetails, in blinds and treestands. No coughing. Let me get thru this season and I'll be able to tell you more. At this time I have not had one of them blowup on me. They do smell the scent but so for hasn't alarmed them.

08-Oct-17
I've been on the fence with these things too. Haven't pulled the trigger. My buddy swears by them, kills lots of deer. He won't let you hunt his spots without them. Bought an extra for when he takes people. He's a scent control freak and it works for him.

08-Oct-17
Brotsky, I don't think any analogies were made? No one is forcing a guy to take an unethical shot just because he can't get closer. So, I don't really see how one can argue that ozonics can help one take an ethical shot. A RF on the other hand can zap you a range, and give a competent shooter an accurate yardage for an ethical shot. Sure, use ozonics and justify your $300 product from an ethics standpoint if you want, but doesn't mean your logic is correct.

09-Oct-17
I bought a commercial Ozone generator that I am trying out in the closet that I keep my hunting clothes/ equipment in and my basement. The unit was only $69. and can treat 3500 square feet. It seems to break down the odor in my basement for a few days after treatment but the musty smell comes back. I will will try again with a heavier application and let the space sit a little longer before airing out. I don't want to bring more gadgets I the woods with me but figured I would try dry washing my gear and see what happens. I will say that it is pretty amazing how it works.

09-Oct-17
I have been following these on a few threads to get a better picture of success rates. I think I'm going to hold out for the new model. A blue tooth enabled GPS version that connects with the local pizza joint. That way they can locate the tree your in to deliver take out orders during those long days hunting the rut. Being as these things kill all odors, a couple of slices of pepperoni pie or your favorite chicken parm. hoagy should be a slam dunk at lunch time with no ill effects. Don't you just love technology ?

09-Oct-17
ratteling_junky I think you are barking up the wrong tree because we could probably make an argument about almost every hunting device or gizmo that you have to be unfair if you compare your setup vs people 200 years ago. Grunt calls, tree stands, rubber boots, sprays, scent lures, trail cams, rifle scopes, binoculars, compound bows, recurve bows, rifles, etc. Wouldnt you say a range finder might give someone a confidence to extend the distance of their shots. 20 yards all of a sudden get stretched to 30 40 50 yard shots because the have a range finder. Is that ethical. Who knows. We can only be our on judge with that. Just my 2 cents.

09-Oct-17
Fred must be getting a kick out of this stuff. How the heck did he ever do it... LOL.

Heck, if you want to use it, I say you should, no need to defend your decision.

There simply are no miracle products that guarantee a hunt, Z E R O , I.M.O.

09-Oct-17
Only post reading is from users experience.

09-Oct-17

petedrummond's embedded Photo
petedrummond's embedded Photo
I used it works pic from another guy same happened to me at mikes outfitting but i was too scared to take picture.

09-Oct-17
Cant smell u at 24 inches but ozone piques their curiosity!

09-Oct-17
big nocks, let's agree to disagree.

10-Oct-17
#usethewind

11-Oct-17
Nomercy and others that are Ozonics fans, what type of warranty does this $300+ most likely made in China piece of electronic equipment come with? I'm not saying it works or doesn't work, but I feel the ONLY way I would shell out over $300 for a piece of equipment that is undoubtedly going to wear out and likely much faster than most if not all my other gear is if it comes with a killer warranty.

11-Oct-17
One reason I would be suspect on Ozonics working to effectively eliminate most of my scent is based on 30+ years of sitting in tree stands and releasing dried milk weed in to the breeze and watching how drastically it can travel in all kinds of directions and change altitude while doing so. I've watched milk weed spin in circles, fly dozens of yards in one direction the change and fly right back at me. In short I've watched the wind drift milk weed in crazy and utterly unexpected directions so many times to know just because the wind report says steady wind in what ever direction it means nothing to how the wind is going to act in your given hunting area.

30-Oct-17
I own one of their new HR-300 models. I bought it after having used a friend's HR-200 a couple of times. Figured the new model just offered more of a good thing. They are awesome for deer. I have had groups of deer come from down wind many times. I have had groups of deer standing and feeding down wind many times. I have had deer cross through my wind many times and never had one spook and run of snorting when I was running it. I did have an interesting experience in Kentucky a few weeks back. I had it on Boost as the wind switched on me and was blowing to an area where I was expecting the deer to come from would get my wind before they crossed my shooting land. It was right before sundown so I stayed put. I had 2 buttons and a young doe run in and one actually started sneezing when they hit it. A few minutes later the adult doe came trotting in and she stopped suddently down wind and stood there checking the wind. Then walked right toward my tree and just stood there looking. I didnt move a muscle and after about 5 minutes she finally walked over and started feeding in the clover near the little ones. I reach up and turned the level back some and a few minutes later a 2 year old buck walked right from the same directing. I have no doubt whatsoever they would have blown and ran off blowing over and over if I had not had it. Hogs are another story. Only had encounters using it with hogs twice. Both times they seemed confused they hit it and paused and seemed a bot confused but ended up leaving. Under the same conditions previously I had only heard the growling and grunts from down wind. I think it helped but didn't complettely fool them. Money well spent for stand or blind deer hunting though.

31-Oct-17
I have a stand that I can only sit maybe 2 times a year because of wind. I bought one on sale a year ago because the guy said it don't work. I have several buddies that swear by them. Well I have sat that stand twice aready this year and had over 7 deer walk past past downwind feeding under 30 yards and not even look only thing that changed is the ozonics unit being set up. I cant wait to try it in Ky in some scetchy wind stands !

31-Oct-17
All I know is I really want to invent something to sell that no one can actually prove if it works or not. That is the ticket.

31-Oct-17

Dave B 's embedded Photo
Dave B 's embedded Photo
Do the research and youll see 03 works, just don't buy the over priced stuff aimed toward use by hunters...ozonics, etc. Go on Amazon and buy a commercial o3 generator for $80, it's the size of a small shoe box and will outlast you. I run mine inside a big 100+ quart cooler with my clothes and shut the lid and open the drain for a little venting. I'll do my base layers every day. I'll do my outer layers as needed. I've attached a pic of mine in action, not very flashy but gets the job done.

31-Oct-17
That's what they said about trail cams and by the time i bought all the stuff to build my own i might as well have bought couple would have been cheaper lol

02-Nov-17
I have used it extensively. It works very well. I have on numerous occasions watch dear react to the smell of ozone and their reaction is unlike any reaction I have seen what a deer has winded me.

02-Nov-17
I would not pay that kind of money for it and to be honest my scent control regiment is lacking compare to what most do. That being said I play the wind and get a deer every year. Do what is best for you but nothing beats playing the wind.

02-Nov-17
Man i'd love to hunt where the wind only goes one direction......

02-Nov-17
Amen to that.

02-Nov-17
Sounds like it'd be easy over there, huh Bill??? Lololol....

02-Nov-17
Some of you guys.......How do you know it's a gimmick when it's obvious that not only have you never used one, you probably never would use one. So.....your opinion is worthless !

Since my previous post on this thread I had two big hogs come in from straight behind my blind, downwind, and one walked on each side of me. One was so close I could have spit on her. She walked in front of me so close that I couldn't shoot for fear of hitting the bottom of the widow. She flinched, but didn't run, at the spot that I stepped out of my cart earlier in the morning. I was wearing rubber boots sprayed with Primos Earth scent. There were 6/8 other hogs in front of me at the time, and she walked out of my window. The other big hog smelled something he didn't like but just walked off, but didn't blow out. This left me with the hogs in front. One of them left with an Axis hanging out her off side. You guys familiar with wild hogs know that they are either smarter or more paranoid than deer, I'm not sure which. But I'll say again, if it fools a hog, it works !

02-Nov-17
I am like Dave B. I use a product from Whitetail'R Called Scentpurge 50+. I use it in the back of the truck (with a cap ) I keep all my clothes in their w/ bow and backpack. Keep long johns and socks for a couple hrs. then put in bag. Also wash clothes a lot less. I would not use an ozonics due to health concerns. But this works! O3 works! Science has proved that! I still get winded but not nearly as much. It is better than scentloc or cover scents. For 50 dollars why not try it! Better than the bags. I have had it for 3 years and buying another for backup next summer. Also if it was not for the health concerns I would get an ozonics. Just not worth the chance.

02-Nov-17
I was totally skeptical until I used a buddies. Used it one evening and literally bought one that night. Since then I've had three buddies try mine and they all bought they're own. Ironically I killed a giant buck I was after last year on the one evening I forgot it, and I only got a shot because the doe he was with did smell me. So, yeah I use one and they absolutely do work but I've hunted long enough to know that you don't have to step into the woods with one everytime in order to kill a deer.

03-Nov-17
I make sure to set up my Ozonics right after I put on my tin foil hat. ;-)

03-Nov-17
stay out of their "nose zone"... lot cheaper!

03-Nov-17
Last week a friend was hunting with his son in a ground blind, Ozonics included. Their target buck showed up downwind and smelled them and turned and walked off. Later a doe did the same thing and blew and took off. Apparently two big Yoopers in a ground blind can't be covered up by an Ozonics.

03-Nov-17
Only use the plug in style for my clothes. I still play the wind, you can't beat the nose. I don't use the blind/tree mounted one, that's an exercise of futility. Good luck to some of you with the elitest mindset.

03-Nov-17
I ran the plug in model in a ground blind last night using my 7000 watt gasoline powered generator. I never saw a deer.

03-Nov-17
Lopro, how long ago did you set your blind up? Cuz here in PA, u gotta set em up way early or the deer wont come around and u guys' deer are borderline unkillable anyway. Duh...

03-Nov-17
I think he was pulling our leg stick n string. LOL.

03-Nov-17
No Thanks, I'll save my money. I've been killing deer for 43 yrs. without any equipment like that. Just another money making product IMO. If you have the money spend it. Just play the wind and use scent control.

03-Nov-17
You caught his sarcasm but missed mine, didya… LOL

03-Nov-17

snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
snapcrackpop's embedded Photo

snapcrackpop's Link
This guy from WI just shot the new record and he says that "ozone generators have changed my hunting".

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) — When hundreds of thousands of deer hunters take to the woods this weekend, they’ll go there with visions of a trophy buck. With a little luck, and a lot of woods smarts, you could encounter what a Wisconsin archer did. Greg Widiker’s Webster High School science class is like few others. It’s not just his sports biology lessons, but the wildlife on the walls. “All of my land management is to prepare for bow season,” Widiker said. He hunts his own land east of Webster. His past success hangs in the basement of his home. “Deer will absolutely go where the white oaks are dropping first,” he said. For the past three years, he has pursued just one — coming only as close as a few shed antlers. Trail camera photos tracked the huge buck’s growth. It was out there, but where? “He’s been the dominant buck on this property, this area for years,” Widiker said. record deer Western Wisconsin Man Bags Buck Of A Lifetime Greg Widiker and his trophy buck (credit: Greg Widiker) Then in September, a trail camera took an image of the buck. Widiker contemplated not hunting on the 17th, fearing conditions were not right. “I’ve done everything I can to create this sanctuary, not go into it, know that the acorns are going to be the draw, and go in a climber for the first time,” he said. He had passed on 15 deer when just before sundown, the majestic animal crept into a stand of white oak. “I put the binoculars up, he’s broadside and his antlers are just a wall of tines,” he said. Shaking, he took a deep breath and looked away. “Don’t look at his antlers, just take the shot,” Widiker said. A lifelong passion was realized in a single shot, fraught with emotions over the animal now held in his hands. It is one of the largest white-tailed deer ever taken in Wisconsin. Widiker’s advice to other trophy hunters? Be entirely scent-free. “My boots never walk anywhere but in the woods,” he said. “I’ve found that ozone generators have changed my hunting, I go undetected almost all of the time.” And Widiker says large bucks will bust your patterns — instead of you surprising them. “Fortunately I was able to keep my composure, make the perfect shot and have an easy recovery,” Widiker said. “That’s the dream, that’s the dream for everyone.” Widiker’s deer is very close to the United States white-tailed buck record. It was taken by James Jordan over 100 years ago — also in Burnett County.

03-Nov-17
If you use a HECS suit and an Ozonics unit will you need a blind?

04-Nov-17
How much damage does ozonics units do to hunting clothes/ gear? Specifically latex in elastics, or other synthetics?

05-Nov-17
Been using them for almost 10 years now. No question they work, especially out if a box blind. Just point it out whatever window is down wind. If you are vigilant with you body and clothes scent control and then use your ozonics you can pretty much hunt every day no matter what direction the wind is. But as you go from a box blind to a pop-up to a tree stand it gets less and less effective. I see it work its magic everytime I hope out. Heck I'll leave it off sometimes when I go in early. As the does filter in you'll see some of the old wise ones downwind start getting thier noses in the air and getting nervous. So I'll turn on the ozonics and within a minute they are totally oblivious, happens all the time.

08-Nov-17
I have used one for several years. It works on most deer - especially younger ones. This archery season, a large mature buck scented the Ozone - he knew there was something different, stopped stared right at the tree I was in, backed up after 10 seconds and left the area. Now would he have scented me without Ozonics? Maybe or maybe not. He was big and old for a reason. So it isn't foolproof -- but in general I believe the Ozonics works.

• Sitka Gear