woodguy65 08-Oct-17
Bou'bound 08-Oct-17
Mike the Carpenter 08-Oct-17
Jim McNamara 08-Oct-17
chasintheslam 09-Oct-17
Ucsdryder 09-Oct-17
chasintheslam 10-Oct-17
07-Oct-17
Wel after a year of waiting I got my black bear back and it's not what I asked him to do I'm pretty furious. Well instead of a wall pedestal he gave me a floor pedestal has anyone changed a floor mount into a wall mount? Doubt I can do it since the solid part is on the bottom of form

07-Oct-17
Give us a picture and we can get you an informed answer.

07-Oct-17

chasintheslam's embedded Photo

07-Oct-17

Here is photo of the back

07-Oct-17
What look are you trying to achieve? If simple is what you are looking for, bend the rods 90* where they exit the bottom, attach to a wooden plaque/log, then hang that on the wall.

That solution isn’t that difficult at all.

08-Oct-17
One could create a "log" or fake rock that would mount to the wall that also protrudes far enough from the wall to allow the rods to come down into it so as to hold the bear very close to the wall. Could end up being a very nice looking mount. Did you ask the taxi about how to get what you wanted vs what he gave you?

08-Oct-17
^^ What he said.

08-Oct-17
White Birch log with bark left on would look great, or a rough hewn pine log, with clear polyurethane.

08-Oct-17
What did htaxidemist say about what you got vs what you contracted for

08-Oct-17
How about a side view so we can see how thick the mount is and where the bolts are located. Hard to tell from the photos you posted.

As mentioned above, using the existing hardware, you could bore two holes in a log and mount the log to the wall. Lots of options, and no need to get upset...the mount is worth saving. The taxidermist on the other hand is a whole different subject.

08-Oct-17
Did you end up paying for the balance of the piece? I might approach the Taxidermist and discuss them creating a habitat base for the bear thus correcting thier mistake at thier expense. Otherwise You can either hire a competent Taxidermist to attach it to a habitat base or do as suggested and find a nice piece of driftwood that you can hang on the wall but also has an area that sticks out enough from the wall to provide an attachment place and also has the clearance from the form to the wall.

09-Oct-17
This was a mount done in Maine I emailed him and sent him the email stating what I wanted and a photo I had sent him since my father took some time off work to make the drive from Delaware to get the mounts I did not see it till it was home but he said he will make things right for the mishaps and I just cut the rods off and ordered a swivel mount

09-Oct-17
It’s a good looking mount!!!

10-Oct-17
Thank you ucs

• Sitka Gear