Paul@thefort 17-Oct-17
PAOH 17-Oct-17
Teeton 17-Oct-17
Tajue17 18-Oct-17
t-roy 18-Oct-17
bowhunter55 18-Oct-17
Teeton 18-Oct-17
17-Oct-17
I have a deep creek to cross that never freezes to get to many of my stands so I wear hip waders. When I get to my tree, I put in my boot blankets with an Ice King book liner inside with nothing but my socks and hot packs and my feet are great all day long. I do wear a nice smart wool sock and change out the hot packs around noon. This system works very well for me and I suffer from cold feet even in the house!!! Even if I don't have to cross the creek, I wear knee boots and slip them off and put the boot blankets on.

One last thing, the Ice King liners in my boot blankets 2 sizes bigger than my shoe size and this helps a lot too!!!!

17-Oct-17
The heat from the handwarmer is definitely being blocked by your heavy insulated boots to a large extent. Test by putting a handwarmer only inside 1 of your boot blankets and see if you notice any difference. Putting the handwarmer inside your boots would be much better if there is room for them to fit.

17-Oct-17
Scoot, I wear the same boots I wear turkey hunting, elk hunting, deer hunting, etc. all year long. Even when it gets down in the teens below zero my feet still stay warm with the arctic shield boot covers with a hand warmer in each one. The key is putting them on right away when you get into the stand. Don't let your feet get cold before putting them on. I do think your heavy boots are possibly creating circulation or other issues or your feet are sweating and causing them to get cold.

17-Oct-17
One of the main reasons that booted feet get cold when using a tree stand is that they contact the cold metal where the feet are placed. A foot carpet will help prevent the cold metal from contacting the bottom of the boots, thus keeping your feet warmer. I wear felt lined winter boots with wool socks. Rubber boots seem to cause the feet to sweat, ie, cold, and leather boots, well hard to find a good warm leather boot.

17-Oct-17
I’ve always struggled with cold feet until last season. Uninsulated leather boots, Artic Shield boot blankets & body warmer inside blanket. Feet have never been warmer.

17-Oct-17
I've been an uninsulated boot guy for about 6 or 7 years. A lot of places I hunt I have to walk quite a ways to get to. So I spray my feet with unscented antiperspirant, then put a sock liner on and then a good wool sock. Like said above, as soon as on stand the boot blankets go on. Hand warmer only go in if feet start to get cold.

18-Oct-17
when its really cold I wear baffin's they make for snow machine riders, they are rated to 100 below and I have to wear summer socks in them they feel like they are heated .. honestly though I would not wear them for hiking or walking alot because the support feels like your feet is inside a pillow and they don't have that "molded to your feet" feel.. I will only use them for stand hunting usually in deep snow and single digits.... nothing is warmer that I found and well for warm boots why not buy cold weather boots made in canada

18-Oct-17
Teeton.....is there a particular brand of antiperspirant spray that you use? Some of the “unscented” ones still seem to have a strong odor to me.

18-Oct-17
Definitely don't wear insulated boots with boot blankets. Also get the x-large blankets. Hand warmers transfer the heat through the un-insulated boots to keep your feet nice and toasty. I also just wear 1 pair of socks and my hunting boots are 1 size bigger than my foot size so I have lots of circulation. I hunt from dark to dark on sub zero days and my feet never get cold.

18-Oct-17
TRoy, I don't remember. I think its right guard but not sure. I have not bought any yet this year, as it only October. Was planning on getting a can as it just starting to get cold here in Pa.. Ed

• Sitka Gear