Hunt98 03-Nov-17
KB 03-Nov-17
DG2 04-Nov-17
papadeerhtr 05-Nov-17
Hunt98 06-Nov-17
Bou'bound 06-Nov-17
elkstabber 07-Nov-17
03-Nov-17
I bought a Nikon Aculon that I bought a couple of months ago. I haven’t used it much until lately. I’ve been using it from a treestand over looking a turnip food plot. There’s nothing between me and the ground. The battery shows a full charge.

A lot of the times when I range (20-50 yards) a spot in the food plot, it doesn’t register the distance.

Is this a common problem with the Nikon Aculon Rangefinder?

Did I get a defective Rangefinder?

03-Nov-17
Have had similar issues. Bought mine last year in a pinch as I lost a Bushnell I've had for years somewhere in South Dakota. Mine is virtually worthless past 150-200 yards unless it's something very dense like a tree line or slope in the terrain. Had it not pick things up in close like you're saying and also give false readings on 3D targets. Targets I knew were 50 or so would register half the distance, 25-26yds. Trying to make do this year and plan to replace soon.

04-Nov-17
I had cheapest Oculon and it did not work well at least when compared to Leica I have now. It could have also been defective.

05-Nov-17
I must be the lucky one. bought mine from amazon and it reads accurately right beside my buddys bushnell. very pleased with it.

06-Nov-17
I tried it the last couple of days out hunting. I want through through this piece of crap in the creek but then I would have to fish it out (I don’t like to litter). I like the size, button for ranging, the display for yardage. Back to my six year old $90 Halon that was in the extreme elements for 5 months at the base of a tree.

06-Nov-17
no excuse for not working, but for 150.00 you are not getting a real good piece of gear there. they are saving somewhere and you can count it is in QA, optics, and durability as three starting points.

07-Nov-17
The Nikon Aculon is not waterproof. The Leupold Full Draw 2 is waterproof.

I confirmed this because I had left the Leupold in a pants pocket and it survived the washing machine. It works great!

• Sitka Gear