SteveB 07-Nov-17
BackStraps 07-Nov-17
Iowabowhunter 07-Nov-17
WV Mountaineer 07-Nov-17
Boreal 07-Nov-17
06-Nov-17

Iowabowhunter's embedded Photo
Shot my 2nd buck with a bow this past Friday down in Wayne County IA, crazy rut activity. Rattled in 6 different racked bucks including this guy, saw 15+ does, major scrapes and rubs..just an awesome weekend!

Lost the bloodtrail due to some rain, and unfortunately one of the older guys in camp talked me into looking for the buck at night->pushed him. Looked all day Saturday, not able to track him down. My dad found him Sunday morning.

Unfortunately the meat was ruined, coyotes had gotten too him and he smelled not great. Really sucks to lose the meat as there would have been a good deal of it, however I am glad I was able to recover him. Good luck out there, 1 more doe tag to fill prior to late muzzle loader season where I'll be trying for another buck with my bow in the freezing cold!

06-Nov-17

Another picture.

Going to have him Euro mounted, my taxidermist does great work I just can't swing the cost

06-Nov-17
Used my KUIU to walk in (tons of stickers/briar patches) and didn't want to ruin my Sitka Fanatic gear-hands down the finest whitetail system I have had the opportunity to use. KUIU was good in the mountains chasing elk, not so much for tree-stand use.

06-Nov-17
Very nice buck! Glad you recovered him finally. Heart wrenching when that happens. GL late season.

06-Nov-17
Thanks! Yes it is, really was looking forward to some deer bacon and halapeno deer sticks! Guess I'll have to go find a big old doe this weekend on some public!

06-Nov-17
With all that Sitka and Kuiu gear, no wonder you can’t swing the cost of a shoulder mount ;-)

Congrats on a nice buck!

06-Nov-17
hah yeah that Sitka wasn't cheap, but damn is it nice. The Fanatic bibs and jacket are the warmest, most well thought out piece of clothing I own.

The KUIU was nice, really not too expensive, was great for chasing elk around but that won't be happening for a few years so I didn't mind getting a couple burrs on it, was surprisingly easy to remove w/o damaging the pants!

I could have made the finances work, it's talking the wife into it is where that becomes an issue!

06-Nov-17
All Sitka, all the time! Snug as a bug this am in chilly Iowa! Enjoy your success!

06-Nov-17
Hey Charlie-Anything you would recommend on the Sitka lineup to replace the KUIU Attack Pants and Teton Jacket i've been wearing?

Saving up my pennies for having my taxidermist mount my late season muzzy buck I'm going to take this year (here's hoping) but always nice to have a savings goal for hunting to look forward to. Thanks!

06-Nov-17
You would like the Equinox pants. Congrats on finding your buck-painful lessons but they happen to us all. Good luck the rest of the season:)

06-Nov-17
Awesome buck! Congrats

07-Nov-17
Thanks!

07-Nov-17
Yes sir. Congrats!

07-Nov-17
Awesome! Much happier ending than it could have been! Congratulations!

07-Nov-17
Great deer, ugly hat!

07-Nov-17
haha!

I do cheer for the Clones when they aren't playing Iowa or UNI, too bad to see them not be able to pull out that WVU game, would have been great for the whole state!

07-Nov-17
Well, I'd talk smack about the game but, WVU hasn't played a full game of football for 7 years. And, dang near fooled around and let Iowa state take the win.

Congrats on the buck though!!!

07-Nov-17
Great buck! Good job on the recovery.

• Sitka Gear