Tatonka 12-Dec-17
Sage Buffalo 12-Dec-17
Turkeyhunter 12-Dec-17
Hunter42 15-Dec-17
glidingindian 15-Dec-17
g5smoke21 16-Dec-17
moosewhisperer 25-Jan-18
06-Nov-17
Anyone know of a reasonable moose guide service in Alberta. Looking to go on my first moose hunt. Is there a better place to go? Not looking for a huge moose. Would like to stay around 4000 if that is possable

06-Nov-17
Mikes’s Outfitting. Not sure what his rates are, though. Mule deer hunted with him, but they do very well on moose too. Great guy.

06-Nov-17
Northern Alberta outfitters. Ben Cockel isn’t around 4K but it is a 10 day hunt which is worth the extra amount. Also a bowsite sponsor

06-Nov-17
If you can go a little north of that go to Newfoundland and helicopter in for a chance at some really good moose with Ironbound Outfitters.

06-Nov-17
bow or gun?

06-Nov-17
AWGS, Alberta Wilderness Guide Service, I have hunted with them and will be hunting with them again in 2018. Great service and super knowledgable about there area, they are the most well organized guiding outfit I have ever hunted with. But they are also more expensive than the price you have stated.

07-Nov-17
I don't think 4000 would cover a guided Alberta Moose hunt by the time you factor in transportation, permits and tips, not to mention return costs for meat and antlers. Just keep in mind that the longer you wait the more it will cost in the long run because hunt costs seem to keep going up as the years go by. Another very good Moose outfitter in Alberta is Ryk Visscher.

07-Nov-17
Avoid Alberta Trophy Hunts.

07-Nov-17
Avoid Alberta Trophy Hunts. Fine rifle operation but no knowledge of bowhunting

08-Nov-17
I don't think 4K is even half enough when you figure everything else in. If you sit down and honestly do all the math, you are looking at 7500,00- 10K for a fully guided moose hunt with all the other expenses, butchering, transportation, tags, taxidermy, shipping meat and antlers... It adds up REALLY FAST! If you figure out how to do it for 4K please let me know, and I will book a hunt today.

08-Nov-17
I recently booked with Mike's Outfitting for the early season moose bowhunt. All in after driving up I should have just under 7 in the hunt. You're cheapest option with be an unguided draw hunt. Or drop camp in Alaska.

08-Nov-17
Not looking to spend $4000 for the total hunt just around there for the guide service. I know there will be a lot of extra expense, travel, processing, ect. Looking at Alberta because I can drive there and that will help on travel expense and getting the meat and horns home.

08-Nov-17
I went with Ryk Visscher up there in 2015 and can't say enough good things about his operation. He's a bowhunter and all his guides are bowhunters. Plus, they bowhunt the animal they are guiding for. Like most everyone else has mentioned, 4K isn't going to get you in the door. A cheap Alberta outfitter starts in at 6K or more and that probably doesn't include a tag and license. Another expense folks seem to forget about is the cost of getting your meat home. Unless you drive up there, the only way to fly the meat back is as extra baggage and that costs a bundle. My moose skull and 5 boxes of meat cost me right at $1300. It wasn't a shock because I knew what the cost would be beforehand but it's still a chunk of change! Darren

08-Nov-17
Hate to toot my own horn here but we have one early season bowhunt open in 2018, Aug 31 to Sept 7, $5500 base price, $6305 with tax and license. 1 on 1 guided. Bit more than you might want to pay but other than a tip for guide and cook, meat processing, before and after hunt costs that should be it. Rare for someone to not kill one. Tree stand hunting over natural salt licks and spot and spook hunting, calling is our methods. Not a trophy hunt, not on purpose at least, might get a big one accidentally though.

08-Nov-17
You will not find a better guy and moose hunt that’s. What mike is offering, extremely cheap moose hunts, probably the cheapest in the world to be honest,

08-Nov-17
Mike, you left out that fact that they will probably get to view some bomber mulies too!

26-Nov-17
Thanks for the info everyone. Still looking at all my options

30-Nov-17
My brother hunted with Alberta Wilderness Guide Service said it was a great outfitter.

01-Dec-17
Alberta Wilderness Guide Service is good but they're booked up until 2020. Darren

01-Dec-17
If I get to do a moose hunt, I am going to go with Mike's I have never been and it's on my wish list, very near the top!

01-Dec-17
I would recommend Ty Mackin at Happy Valley Outfitters. Good guy and will work his butt off for you. He has some great leases South of Calgary.

12-Dec-17
You're not going to find an outfitter anywhere in Canada that offers a guided moose hunt for anywhere close to $4,000. Simple as that. Generally speaking, the smaller the bulls available, the lower the cost but none are close to $4,000 that I'm aware of. Save up your money and go to Northern B.C.

12-Dec-17
Tatonka that's just not necessarily true I can give you a great helicopter hunt in Newfoundland that's a bit more than that and they are killing some nice bulls.

12-Dec-17
Call all the New Brunswick outfitters....theres 50 non resident tags up for sale from 40 - 50 outfitters. Im sure you can find a $4000 Canadian hunt or cheaper and some of the best moose hunting in all of Canada is in NB.....well 55 to 60+ inch bulls if thats what your looking for. Good Luck

15-Dec-17
Thanks I will check into these options

15-Dec-17
Slingshot X2. Tyson Mackin is a hard hunting son of a gun. My first moose hunt was with him in 08, great action and great quality. Stuck a great bull high in the shoulder blade and got back on him 3 days in a row. He was breeding cows and fighting other bulls but I never killed him. We got pushed out by a grizzly and went mule deer hunting. Saw many other bulls. Have killed a Shiras and a Canadian bull with a bow since but the hunt with Tyson may be most exciting hunt of my life. He changed the name to Tyson Mackin Outfitting. Getting tags is tough I am told, even for the Outfitters in that area. Mark Parsons at Anchor Bar does moose hunts in same area.

16-Dec-17
Sage buffalo...i know you have hunted with ironbound and highly reccomend them...great outfit but they quoted me over $8,000 for a 1x1 moose.. thats crazy for what other top outfits offer for 1x1 with sake quality bulls..no were close to $4,000

25-Jan-18
call mark parsons at anchor bar......hell of a guy

• Sitka Gear