TMA1010's embedded Photo
Hero shot the next night!
TMA1010's embedded Photo
Hero shot the next night!
TMA1010's embedded Photo
The whole crew.
TMA1010's embedded Photo
The whole crew.
I had a couple of buddies come up to hunt my place with me last weekend, it's always a week I look forward to all year having those guys out with me. I'd had a few good ones on trail cam and I told them there were 5 bucks that I'd consider shooters and gave them the run-down on each buck. Friday night we all went out and I had one of the shooters come in to my ground blind set-up, so I got a few nice pictures of him as I'm holding out for a couple of the better bucks that are running around. The next afternoon one of my buddies ended up taking the buck in the afternoon approximately 1/2 mile away from where I saw him the night before. Pretty cool how it all played out.

07-Nov-17
That left ear sure got cut bad in a rut fight at one time or another! I don't think I've seen one cut that deep before.

07-Nov-17
Topgun - it was split almost all the way down to his neck, pretty much like they were completely separate pieces. I was wondering if it might have happened last year because he wasn't scabbed up or anything, it was totally healed.

07-Nov-17
Beautiful buck congrats to your friend. Sounds like a great time you have provided for your bowhunting brethren.

07-Nov-17
Congratulations. Good work.

07-Nov-17
My big guy from 2 yrs ago also had a split ear like that (not nearly that deep), as well as scars on the left shoulder and near his left eye. Congrats on harvesting a warrior!

• Sitka Gear