QAD HDX launcher noise
Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Bowfreak 13-Nov-17
Franklin 13-Nov-17
rooster 13-Nov-17
Bowfreak 13-Nov-17
13-Nov-17
I have an HDX on my CD 34 and I have been really happy with it but I have had some noise on the draw. I am not sure if the moleskin is substandard but I don't have a ton of shots on the rest. Is this common on this rest? Normally moleskin lasts much longer than this but maybe that is the only issue. Was wondering if it might be the launcher arm angle causing this.

Thoughts?

13-Nov-17
Could be moleskin on the launcher....take a arrow and wet a rag or paper towel with Acetone or Finger Nail Polish remover....clean the arrow shaft and see if it still is happening.

13-Nov-17
I have had to replace the moleskin on my launcher a few times. I don't like the way the replacement moleskin is pre-cut as it leaves little material in the "V" where the arrow sits. It seems to wear out too quickly. The week before last I smeared a little chap stick on the launcher and quieted it down. I will say that I practice drew on a couple of bucks before using the chap stick, and none heard the noise.

13-Nov-17
I'll just replace it and go from there. I have some muffs silencing material that works better than anything I've ever used. It is the best but is no longer available. Good stuff.

• Sitka Gear