x-man 14-Nov-17
Kodiak 14-Nov-17
Rut Nut 14-Nov-17
a'Lish 14-Nov-17
Errorhead 14-Nov-17
Mark Watkins 14-Nov-17
Cocoon Man 14-Nov-17
13-Nov-17
I want to move a blind to a new spot. But the ground is frozen. I can tie the side guide ropes to rock to help.

How can I anchor the bottom corners to the ground (where stakes are normally used)?

13-Nov-17
How deep is the frost? If it’s only a few inches deep, you should be able to drive the metal spike type stakes (40d-60d nail) in with little problem.

14-Nov-17

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo

14-Nov-17
Use fish(ICE) house stakes.

14-Nov-17
Why pound through hard ground when a drill can zip those lag screws in, in seconds.

14-Nov-17

Rut Nut's Link

14-Nov-17
You could use a portable drill with a masonry bit to get through the frozen surface.

14-Nov-17
Good Grief! I ain't sure where ya'll are from but here if it's that freaking cold I'm at the house. I could not shoot my bow that cold anyway.

14-Nov-17
COLD brings post rut hungry bucks to food!!!

Mark

14-Nov-17
I have used sand bags once the ground has frozen ,the tube type that are sold to put in the back of your truck for weight to increase traction. I lay them along the edge of the blind on the flap if it has them. I put a hog ring through the end of the bag and tie it to the corners. I usually don't move my blinds so I have the opposite problem of getting the stakes out after the ground freezes, so I have gone to plastic tent stakes, which I can break off with a side hit with a hammer.

• Sitka Gear