Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
Arrowsmith 17-Nov-17
notme 17-Nov-17
Arrowsmith 17-Nov-17
T ZEKE 17-Nov-17
17-Nov-17
6:59 AM LIVE from NY*
Back in my favorite thicket this morning for another go round with nice 10 pt. that has been spotted a few times near here. 31 deg with light 5-7 mph north breeze. Not ideal wind for this stand, but not horrible either. I saw a pie bald doe on the road 300 yds from my location when I left camp last Sunday. She is all white except for her head and about half of her neck. I don't think I would shoot her, because it would require life size mount to adequately show her markings. 6:57 and full light now, but not legal yet. Start time is 7:02 today. Ridiculous!

17-Nov-17
GL Dude

17-Nov-17
Thanks. Really quiet so far. Not even small game moving. There is a major pressure change going on here with a rain storm coming in for opening day of gun season tomorrow, to be followed by lake effect snow and winds on Sunday. I would have thought critters would be out feeding hard prior to this front getting here. So far, that's not so.

17-Nov-17
Good luck Dave, oddly enough when I filled my buck bow tag on Halloween (ending my season) my pals all said they envied me because I wouldn't have to get out in lousy weather and could sleep in if I chose to . Funny thing now that I'm home 220 miles away from our farm I envy you guys for being out there. So enjoy the time out there ! You ll miss it when it's over...Tom

• Sitka Gear