TD 18-Nov-17
llamapacker 18-Nov-17
bowbender77 19-Nov-17
DL 19-Nov-17
Fuzzy 20-Nov-17
TrapperKayak 20-Nov-17
Fuzzy 20-Nov-17
17-Nov-17
The fact that Trump has lifted President Obama's ban on elephant trophies being imported into the country is a devastating blow to the survival of these beautiful animals. It's savage and pointless. Can anyone explain the rationale for killing these majestic and dying animals? I’m thinking this is a gift to his boys?

17-Nov-17
Having legal hunting gives the animals great value. Giving value creates motivation to protect the animals from poachers. Take your pick.... you can have a sustained harvest where the meat is used by villages and the numbers harvested are very closely monitored.......... Or you can have an all out slaughter by poachers who leave them to rot after cutting off their tusks.....

17-Nov-17
Ahh yes. atheist, (THE FRAUD), trying to stir the $hit again. Typical Democrat behavior. Take a hike FRAUD.

17-Nov-17
Watch the video Who is Ivan Carter......... he is a hunter and conservationist who is risking his life to catch illegal poachers and give value to elephants and all of the game in Africa.....

17-Nov-17
Trophy hunting saved the white rhino in south Africa from extinction. Simple economics like BB stated. If something has value you protect it, if no value they don't care about it. Trophy hunting has saved many animals from extinction.

17-Nov-17
Years ago ivory was a very important part of good musical instruments. Possibly now they can start using ivory instead of plastic for fret markers. We will see.

17-Nov-17
You start threads like this one only when you have very low intelligence.

17-Nov-17
I don't think I would ever have the ambition to hunt an elephant. But, if these animals are being slaughtered for their ivory and nothing else, I'm all for their protection. If the local people reap the benefits of foreign hunters coming to their country to hunt, and the elephant population is being monitored by lifting the ban, I'm glad Trump got involved and fixed the problem. It would be a tragedy if the elephant went into extinction because of poachers killing them for their ivory.

17-Nov-17
Typical liberal drivel. The prayers of those that "really" want to protect the elephants have been answered.

When was the last time any liberal policy was beneficial to anyone or anything. Glad that Trump did what he did.

17-Nov-17
The elephant population has been reduced to near extinct levels. Explain how hunting them will save them? It’s contradictory in every way. Africa's elephant population dropped by 30% between 2007 & 2014. US legalization of trophy imports is about to cause the extinction of these intelligent animals. trophy hunting is just licenced poaching. Rich tourists can kill game of they pay the exorbitant fees. Call it what it is. And if we kill game for meat, how many eat the elephant? I’m guessing none. Again contradicting true hunters who eat their harvests.

17-Nov-17
Do you hunt at all Abe ?? That entire post sounds like something off the PETA website......

17-Nov-17
Amazing that someone who spends time on a hunting website doesn't have even a basic understanding of wildlife conservation.

17-Nov-17
Dealing with Atheidiot is pointless. His one IQ point can't possibly understand anything more complex than his own farting.

17-Nov-17
There's an old story about a big male lion that was eating a tribes cattle. A hunter and PH made a deal to hunt the lion and pay the tribe ten thousand dollars. This was more money than the tribe had ever had. After the hunt they asked the leader what they would do with the money.

"Dig a well, build a school house and buy more cattle"

"Ahh, to replace what the lion killed?"

"No, to attract more lions obviously"

17-Nov-17
Sys error

17-Nov-17

Timberlake's embedded Photo
Although pointless, elephant is quite good to eat and it does not go to waste. This is a friend of mine feeding the whole village.

17-Nov-17
"This is a friend of mine feeding the whole village."

What?! You're feeding hungry humans?! That's preposterous! You should teach those greedy humans to eat the flora and fauna that grows around them. Maybe they can employ the Elephants to haul their salad for them?!

17-Nov-17
"The elephant population has been reduced to near extinct levels"....... That is not true. The recent census counted over 350,000 elephants and the total population is probably closer to half a million........ With most of them being in South Africa.... Elephants are not endangered in South Africa.......and there is a huntable population......

17-Nov-17
Stop confusing the issue with FACTS, Big Bear! ;-)

17-Nov-17
haha... cut the OP some slack, just another misinformed idiot spouting nonsence

17-Nov-17
We have an organized hunt of elk in Michigan every year with a total population of about 1,000 elk......... A half a million elephants doesn't equate to near extinct levels...... That being said..... The only threat to elephant populations is illegal poaching.......

17-Nov-17
Atheist - saving big game animals costs an enormous amount of money. Hunters pay that - non-hunters do not.

So without hunters, the elephants will die and be extinct. That's just how it is.

17-Nov-17
Atheist -

You answered your own question. WITH THE BAN elephant populations dropped 30%.

17-Nov-17
Let’s not forget in parts of the elephant range they are eating themselves to starvation.

17-Nov-17
You want to blame hunting for the decreased elephant population in some areas. In reality it is the human population in Africa that is destroying precious elephant habitat and building cities and farms. Farmers don't want the elephants because they eat their crops over there and they eat a lot of crops. Farmers there have been known to poison elephants to stop them. In some areas they also do cull shooting because the elephant population has gotten so large they are destroying their own habitat. Elephants because of being so large cannot be moved into new areas where there is no elephant heard and also because of the social order of herds the whole herd would have to moved which is an impossible undertaking so they cull them, the whole herd. That is not hunting that is population control authorized by the government of those countries. Whether you like it or not as mentioned Hunting gives these animals value to the locals who are more willing to protect them because it gives them a lively hood and food. Without the hunting, these animals value will be their ivory and medicinal properties in Asian countries. This causes unregulated poaching (this become the locals lively hood) happens and unregulated poaching means no limit on how many animals will be killed. It is not a question of whether you like it or not it is what has historically has happen and why many elephant populations have been destroyed in many areas of Africa and Asia. It has not been the hunter, it has been the poacher. Lets make things VERY CLEAR poaching IS NOT hunting, never was and never will be. DANNY

17-Nov-17
I really could care less what happens 5,000 miles away on the African continent but emotional drivel does not constitute a valid argument against hunting them. In case you didn't realize this, we are indeed a savage species, always have been and always will be. So at least in that regard you are correct. On a more personal note I just ate a granola bar for lunch and holy crap those elephant kabobs look delicious.

17-Nov-17
TROLL !!!

17-Nov-17
Has to be a troll. Completely stupid, uninformed, ignorant post (am I being redundant?)

17-Nov-17
Atheist is a troll guys. Visit the Bowsite Community Forum and see for yourself. He/It is simply baiting. Anyone with an IQ high enough to reside outside a mental institution knows legal, managed hunting has never and will never cause the extinction of any species.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17-Nov-17
Atheists intention has nothing to do with elephants. It’s all about Trump. No matter what the man does Atheist will find wrong in it.

17-Nov-17
Elk yinzer- you ate that poor defenseless granola bar for lunch??? Shame on you!!!! ;-)

17-Nov-17
my understanding if you really want to get under an Atheists skin is to quote Bible verses to them. Genesis 27:3 - Now then, please take your gear, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me.

17-Nov-17
Atheist, aka (Abe Froman), isn't he the sausage king of Chicago? You probably gotta be older than 40 to get it. Bueller, Bueller, Bueller?

17-Nov-17
What Athiest fails to comprehend is DURING the ivory import ban it was OPEN SEASON ON ELEPHANTS!!!

Now perhaps thanks to funds from HUNTERS/CONSERVATIONISTS, which will help combat POACHING, there will likley be MANAGED HUNTING SEASONS in which select mature bulls will be LEGALLY HUNTED and in the long-term ensure the survival of the species.

17-Nov-17
Hasn't been lifted yet, but may be lifted. Elephants are not endangered in some of the countries, they are actually over populated. The money brought in by hunting will help pay for anti poaching patrols whcih is the elephants problem, not hunters.

17-Nov-17
Dumbassed troll

17-Nov-17
Atheist's anger over Kevin Spacey leaving him out of his sexual advances has finally culminated in an attack on elephant hunters. This guy just needs a release, give him a break guys :)

17-Nov-17
Y'all should really stop by the community forum some time and get to know Abe. He's a pearl

17-Nov-17
^^^^^ No thanks !

17-Nov-17
Anyone who would spend big bucks to kill a elephant has way too much money. Trump ought to do a lot more worrying about America and leave elephants and football players alone. No I'm not a Democrat, and I don't like Republicans, I'm registered Independent. The only difference between those two parties is one wants to take my money and give it to the rich, the other wants to take my money and give it to the poor. Don't go for this tax break, for every dollar you get you'll pay three later.lol

17-Nov-17
No kidding, Will tell. If things get any worse, I may have to retire early!

17-Nov-17
Huh....... last time he was on the BG forum he posted a phony "live" deer hunt using pics off the internet (easy bust, google "deer hunting"....) And a bogus story about a doe he saw that "scampered away nervously..." so exciting.....

Came over to make some new friends didja PaulZ?

17-Nov-17
Yes!!! JTV got it!!

18-Nov-17
its a bummer that many things that are technically right will likely never be viewed as acceptable as time goes on.................. the world is changing

18-Nov-17
This has nothing to do with bowhunting, other than the fact that Fred Bear was the first modern day bow hunter to kill an elephant with a bow . ( I think it was Fred, please feel free to correct me)

18-Nov-17
Howard Hill I think?

Was a damn shame when the hunt was cancelled right out from under Pat and Jake. If you know how Jake prepares he guaranteed already way past dialing in his gear and packing...... taken all his shots and well on to studying how to debone an elephant gutless style and learning an African language......

That really had to suck big time, having the rug yanked out like that.

18-Nov-17
The only countries where elephant populations have declined are those which have banned hunting. In all the regular hunting destinations (Zim, Tanzania,Namibia, RSA, etc.) elephant populations are growing. I can understand how those who haven't visited Africa can have a distorted, sentimental view of elephants. Kind of like most easterners think Bison and Bears in Yellowstone are "tame". Spend some time in the bush of Africa and you will soon have a very different view. I greatly respect elephants, and have successfully hunted three. Getting in close to an animal that size who would quite happily squash you into mush is quite an experience. It is not at all like the Dumbo cartons. I am always surprised by hunters who want to somehow anthropomorphize certain species. While I enjoy hunting some animals far more than others, I understand the place of all wildlife in the ecosystem. Elephants are worthy game animals, which often provide the only protein a native village will consume in a year. And the cost of many elephant hunts are in line with or less than a guided western elk hunt. This is precisely since there is an overabundance in many locations, and the populations need to be culled to prevent total habitat destruction. Bill (Yes, and I realize this information is of little relevance to the OP.)

19-Nov-17
Spot on llamapacker !

19-Nov-17
Why is an anti hunter allowed on here?

20-Nov-17
lol... this post is lame even for a troll/anti-hunter.

20-Nov-17
Big Bear and llamapacker are 100% correct. I was in South Africa in Sept. and the PHs said the same thing. Putting a commercial value on the animal, ie hunting it, reduces and or eliminates poaching and enforcement is able to monitor the activity. The numbers are flourishing and in many areas there are too many elephants for the habitat to sustain them. Next move for Trump should be to allow polar bear imports to the US. The antis are totally clueless.

20-Nov-17
you might want to watch this video...an extremely liberal biased analysis that comes to a conclusion which not only supports trophy sport hunting of African big game, but recognizes that it is vital to the survival of those species.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=adam+ruins+everything%2c+trophy+hunting%2c+you+tube&view=detail&mid=8E90B12DF5215E34208F8E90B12DF5215E34208F&FORM=VIRE

• Sitka Gear