Brotsky 21-Nov-17
HDE 21-Nov-17
x-man 21-Nov-17
craig@work 21-Nov-17
Bou'bound 20-Aug-19
carcus 20-Aug-19
Bou'bound 04-Dec-21
21-Nov-17
Trying out one of these and set it up myself. I followed the instructions which were easy and it paper tuned great. My question is about the part where the rest should rise in the last 1/2-1" of draw. Mine rises a little earlier than that. Does it matter if my arrow flight is great?

21-Nov-17
Craig,

Here's the verbal instructions that QAD tech spt provided me:

Attach cord to downward travel cable 4 1/2 to 5" below rest (not 3"). Have cord snug but not tight. Draw bow, let down. Then tighten clamp. I use a bow press and insert the cord directly into the cable and tie in. Then loosen the timing cord lock screw in the rest and draw bow to set cord length.

If you have any questions, I always call the company.

21-Nov-17
I tie mine on like you would a release loop, then serve it in.

I will tie it in about 3" below the rest then slide it down until there is no slack in the cord and then draw the bow with the rest on the "up" position. The cord will slide up the cable.

After let down, I will slide it down about an 1/8" and serve into place.

21-Nov-17
HDE,

Suggest lowering the attachment to 5" unless you're shooting a slow bow.

Attaching cord at 5" will drop the rest arm faster, thus preventing vane contact.

21-Nov-17
Russell, never have had a problem doing it this way.

FYI - there is slack in the cord when tied 3" below rest to start. That is not where it is finalized. Also by using a draw board, you can adjust it at full draw where it should go.

21-Nov-17
I was getting vane contact (marks on vane). Didnt know why. Called QAD and they advised to lower cord. Issue resolved.

21-Nov-17
It's at about 4.75" down now. I followed those exact instructions Russell. Like I said I'm paper tuned with it. Do I need to fuss?

21-Nov-17
Nope, don't fix something that's not broke Craig. Sounds like you are set-up perfectly.

21-Nov-17
I did have an issue once when my serving job "failed" and the knot moved up the cable. The rest did not fall because tension causes it to "uncock" at full draw.

Needless to say, you will know quickly if that happens 8^)

21-Nov-17
As a rule of thumb, I like to leave the rest "up" as long as I can and still clear the vanes (disclaimer) without disrupting the timing of the down cable. Usually it will raise up somewhere in that last 1-3 inches of draw.

You need the forward nock travel to level out before the rest drops, which is just a guessing game if you don't have a draw board.

21-Nov-17
Thanks all. I have been a biscuit guy for a few years but I know I don't have perfect form and put a deer in front of me and it's chaos. Thought maybe a more forgiving rest was worth a try.

20-Aug-19

20-Aug-19
QAD hdx's are awesome, my favorite rest, sounds like your good to go, I've tuned 2 bisquits lately and was surprised how easily they tuned, not sure on forgiveness of the rest tho

04-Dec-21

• Sitka Gear