bas4109 23-Nov-17
Dwitt2n 25-Nov-17
Z Barebow 03-Dec-17
Brotsky 03-Dec-17
Z Barebow 03-Dec-17
Steve Leffler 03-Dec-17
ChasingFAHL 03-Dec-17
22-Nov-17
Anyone handle either of these? How do they compare to say a cabelas stand hunter extreme?

22-Nov-17
I struggled over these exact models. I like the ASAT pattern but did not know if it was as warm as the legend of Sitka. I went with Sitka and am glad. I'm sure i would have liked both. No regrets.

22-Nov-17
I have had all three. The Sanctuary is WARM. Warmer than the FAnatic more on par with the Incinerator and Stand Hunter Extreme. Though I LOVE the Fanatic, I use it less and less these days as I will wear the Stratus until it gets too cold, then switch to the Incinerator. They are all excellent pieces and have their place, but unless you layer the Fanatic it is not a true sub zero garment. However, the Fanatic is tough to beat in that 20 to 40 degree range.

22-Nov-17
I’ve only used the Fanatic but that’s my lead outer wear after 11/20. The Cross zipper allows for a built in hand warmer and convenient place for my video camera when I chose to film rather than shoot.

In extreme cold I’ll add the bibs, Shacket and neck gaiter and I’m good to go.

22-Nov-17
How about quietness? I have the Fanatic and it is really warm but to be completely honest it makes some noise when drawing. I believe it is the wind stopper. I shoot traditional so like them close! Is First Lite quieter?

22-Nov-17
I have had the Sanctuary and Woodbury and IMO-be tough to beat the Woodbury jacket with sanctuary bibs. I also used the Stratus top/bottom this year to sample and fell in love with that setup. Love my FL bases and when it's 25 or colder that woodbury and sanctuary bib is tough to beat.

22-Nov-17
Sanctuary is DEAD DEAD quiet. The windstopper is a tad loud on the stratus but I killed a buck at 5 yards Sunday in dead still conditions and didn't hear a thing. But the Sitka is a bit louder.

22-Nov-17
Steve do you have the original fanatic series?

22-Nov-17
I've got the same setup as Hawkeye. Both the sanctuary and Woodbury are extremely quiet, don't collect burrs and hitch hikers like the fleece on the Sitka and are much lighter weight.

22-Nov-17
I went away from my Sitka set-up this year and switched to the Woodbury jacket and Sanctuary bib set-up like Hawkeye is using. It is excellent. The ASAT version is on sale right now and can be had as a set for about what just the jacket might cost you for the Sitka. I went away from Sitka because we have tons of burs and beggar's lice where I hunt and the berber is a nightmare with that kind of stuff. This is going to be a Ford/Chevy type argument in my opinion. Both sets are outstanding and really do a great job. You'll be happy either way.

22-Nov-17
Brotsky....thats simple. FORD. Lol I actually picked up a Woodbury this morning for 160$.Trying to decide the bibs or if my stand hunter extreme coveralls fit my late season bill.

22-Nov-17
How is the sizing on the sanctuary? I wear a XL in almost all jackets but the First Lite base layers run big and I wear a L in then. Is the sactuary the same as the base layers. I am 6'0 and 220.

22-Nov-17
The First Lite runs a little big in the jackets and right on in the bibs. I'm the same size as you and wear an XL in both and could actually use a smaller jacket but it is a nice fit for layering.

22-Nov-17
I just ordered the Sanctuary bibs in ASAT. I am 5'8' and 160 and I ordered a Medium. I can't justify a Sanctuary Jacket as I have plenty of other upper body options for layering and windstopping.

22-Nov-17
Im pretty sure Firstlite sizes their clothes as a layering system, that is if you wear a size large in the base layers, you stick to that size the entire way, as each layer is progressively larger than the next.

22-Nov-17
I have switched from the Fanatic to the sanctuary and now I’m loving my cabelas stand hunter. The previous two had wind shear or something comparable and always made a slight bit of noise. I believe if I can hear it the deer certainly can. The stand hunter doesn’t have the wind barrier but is completely silent and ridiculously warm. My two cents. Best of luck this fall

22-Nov-17
Wow. 15 responses and no fan boy hero’s! I’m impressed. I don’t have either but have a good amount of FL gear. I like merino so I prefer their stuff to Sitka but I have Sitka rain gear and that stuff is top notch quality!

23-Nov-17
Have the Fanatic and thinking of going to the First Lite. Fanatic is nice but it does make some noise.

23-Nov-17
were is the best place to by first lite?

23-Nov-17
Lots of first lite sales going on. From first lite, midway usa, black orvis, s and s archery, Linton outdoors.

23-Nov-17
This is my first year with the Sitka Stratus and I like how versatile it is. It is great for layering and the windstopper is tough to beat.

25-Nov-17
Luke, PM sent.....

03-Dec-17
Used my Sanctuary bibs this weekend. Top notch quality. Very warm. Almost too warm for walking any distance. I zipped legs down to try and stay cool on hike in 1/4 mi @19 Deg.

03-Dec-17
Z..I put mine in when I get to the tree. Way to warm to walk in for me.

03-Dec-17
There aren’t any critters at the Y!

If I was a good hunter, I wouldn’t need cold weather gear. I would already be tagged out!

Looks like I will get to really try the bibs out after this week. Need some river ice so those Minnesota deer can wander over and become North Dakota deer.

03-Dec-17
Congrats Pat. Way to stick with it. I don't think you can go wrong with Sitka or First Lite. We are lucky to have such great cold weather gear available.

03-Dec-17
I am on my second fanatic suit(i only sold the original to upgrade to the new pattern) and it is easily my favorite piece of hunting clothing. I can hunt in temps that nobody else wants to and its still slim enough to draw my bow comfortably.

• Sitka Gear