Whitetail Deer
Contributors to this thread:
4araquiver 27-Nov-17
Hawkeye 27-Nov-17
Hawkeye 27-Nov-17
4araquiver 28-Nov-17
Hawkeye 28-Nov-17
27-Nov-17
For guys that have experience with both the first lite gear and Sitka. I am trying to decide between a Woodbury jacket or stratus for Midwest whitetail hunting from a treestand. Wind is usually my biggest enemy on staying warm vs being cold. Does the Woodbury jacket block wind? How does The Woodbury perform shooting a bow? I have a Sitka fanatic vest. would one jacket work better than the other with this vest. Or do I even need it with either of these? I am leaning towards Woodbury based on feedback of how quiet and warm it is in a tree. I plan on layering with maybe 3 under layers. UA cold gear compression thermal. Llano crew and Chama 1/4 zip. Other feedback on sizing and opinions are welcome.

27-Nov-17
Woodbury is a phenomenal piece. I use a llano short sleeve, chama hoody and Woodbury. Sanctuary Bibs on bottom. This will get you to some cold temps. I can't imagine you'll need more. Warmer days just walk in with a SS llano and wear your Woodbury once you get there if 50-60. I also have the stratus and prefer that if 30-60 but cold mornings I'll use my Woodbury. I think stratus is pretty versatile, lighter and wind proof. Woodbury is quieter but heavier and also keeps you plenty warm.

27-Nov-17
You won't need the vest. I'd go Woodbury after reading your post again. Also, it shoots great and isn't too bulky.

28-Nov-17
Thank you for the reply Hawkeye

28-Nov-17
You bet :)

• Sitka Gear