gunslinger's embedded Photo
Capra World Slam -Lifetime Achievement Today is a day I will never forget as me and my son Darien Garrett climbed to the top of the mountains in search of a cantabrian chamois. At 230 pm I was able to harvest a very good billy across a valley with one shot. This animal completes my Capra World Slam-

along with completing the Superslam of North America and the Ovis World Slam of sheep ,

I have also now completed My Triple Slam and my Slam Quest Pinnacle. I have worked my ass off climbing mountain after mountain trying. To reach this goal Only 66 people in the entire world have completed this goal and I’m humbled to be part of that group,

I want to thank every single person for this thay I can and especially the guides and Outfitters thay made it possible to hunt in these places, thank you

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17
That is one hell of an accomplishment, way to go! I cannot imagine all the hard work involved to do that, I bet you are stoked!

What's next Pat?

28-Nov-17
Congratulations. Setting personal goals, sticking to them with spine, fortitude and perseverance, and eventually achieving your goals is a wonderful thing. It speaks volumes about who you are as a hunter and a person.

28-Nov-17
wow that is so sweet congrats

28-Nov-17
Slam isn't finished until you can spell all the countries correctly :) ...congrats!

28-Nov-17
Awesome job! Congratulations on your achievement!

Those are some of the toughest animals to hunt with any weapon.

Hunting them in their native habitats would be an awesome experience for sure!

Anyone close with a bow?

28-Nov-17
Congtats quite the accomplishment.

28-Nov-17
Simply awesome!! Congrats!!!!

28-Nov-17
Way to go Pat. Huge congrats on a huge accomplishment.

28-Nov-17
Very cool! Congrats!

28-Nov-17
Congrats!

28-Nov-17
Amazing accomplishment. Please post a lot more pics! Out of all of the animals you have taken along the way to achieve these goals, what were some of the hardest and what were some of the easiest? If you don't mind telling us, what's next?

28-Nov-17
Incredible accomplishment!!! I admire your passion:) Congrats:)

28-Nov-17
Tremendous, tremendous accomplishment. Congrats !!

28-Nov-17
That is pretty incredible! My hat is off to you.

28-Nov-17
Excellent. Congrats on your achievement and the filling of a goal.

28-Nov-17
Wow!!! A triple-slammer! Congratulations Pat. That’s certainly a lifetime achievement - well done!

Can just begin to appreciate all of river crossings, scree scrambings, crampon ice-field prayer sessions, and just plain back-breaking and lung-busting climbs that went into such accomplishments. How many years did it take?

28-Nov-17
BTW - since someone asked, both Archie Nesbitt and Tom Hoffman have both achieved the Archery Triple Slam!

28-Nov-17
Congrats Pat!!

Awesome accomplishment(s)!!

Mark

28-Nov-17
Njbuck without a doubt the hardest animal was the bighorn sheep for sure as it took me 82 days of hunting hard to finally connect the dots.

The easiest animal would have to be some of the Spain ibex as there is lots of animals and not hunted a lot. My plan next to just enjoy the moment for awhile as this goal has taken a little toll on my knees for sure. I also want to go and enjoy a gator hunt and one of my dreams has always been to catch a big Goliath grouper. Also I’m gokng to sit back now for a bit and enjoy watching all my clients chase these dreams also for awhile. Thanks guys

28-Nov-17
There is only 3 people in the world that have ever completed the Capra world slam with the archery tackle and that’s of course tom Hoffman , Archie Nesbit and Gary Bogner and I can tell ya what these guys have my 500% respect for being able to do what they have done with archery tackle, extremely difficult with gun let alone bow

Tom and Archie have also completed the Ovis world slam of sheep and superslam with the. Bow and are triple slammers and slam quest pinnacle achievers also with the bow CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT

28-Nov-17
Congratulations Pat! A lot of hard work combined with excellent results! It is amazing that Archie and Tom did it with bow and arrow! Is Archie the only other Canadian triple slammer (any weapon) besides yourself?

28-Nov-17
Outstanding achievement and I'm sure alot of hard miles you put on your body traversing the mountains. Congrats!

28-Nov-17
Simply an amazing accomplishment Pat! Congratulations!

28-Nov-17
Tremendous accomplishment. Congratulations!

28-Nov-17
Congratulations on a incredible achievement. I don't even pretend to know all the effort and drive it took to accomplish what you have done.

28-Nov-17
It never ceases to amaze me what Tom, Archie, Gary and the likes accomplish with a bow and arrow. I have a hard enough time chasing my dreams with a rifle. Like Pat, I'm open to just about any weapon and any season, but the hardcore archery guys are special for sure. Congrats again Pat.

28-Nov-17
Wow. Congrats Pat. Incredible feat.

Speaking to archery tackle, were any of your kills for these slams with archery or were they all gun? I'm not asking to, in any way, diminish your great accomplishment. I'm just curious.

28-Nov-17
Damn, that's a lot of SLAM!!! Congrats Pat, that's quite an accomplishment. You must have some frequent flyer miles built up eh?

28-Nov-17
Wow that's outstanding!

28-Nov-17

Mountian man I was able to harvest 9 of my superslam animals with my bow and tryed to harvest 11 of them but two I resorted to the rifle after many failed stalks and days,

I was not able to harvest a single one of the sheep or goats with my bow

• Sitka Gear