Jack Harris 28-Nov-17
t-roy 29-Nov-17
Genesis 01-Dec-17
Bou'bound 02-Dec-17
mattandersen 04-Dec-17
28-Nov-17

mattandersen's embedded Photo
Just wondering what score you all would give this buck?

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17
Gross low 130's and net mid 120s

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17
High 130's net.

28-Nov-17

this is the 161" buck I shot in 2016, I figured he was a 140" buck based on a few trail cam pics I had including this one..these bucks here in Ohio never have ground shrinkage. I was thinking the buck I posted was in the 150s..doesn't matter as I'm tagged out. Still nice to get pics of bucks like this!

28-Nov-17

something you're not seeing...lol that's my point. Pics don't do justice sometimes

28-Nov-17

28-Nov-17
the guy who scored him is a Ohio Big buck scorer

28-Nov-17
That's a great buck Matt, most anyone would be pleased with him! I don't see a 160" deer though. Either way, that doesn't matter. Having fun shooting bucks is what it's about and you have that figured out!

28-Nov-17
Matt, I scored a buck very similar to your 1st cam pic buck above only it had a longer G4 on the right side. 23" main beams, bases were 5-0, 4-7, and carried good mass the rest of the way. Longest tine was 9-5, split brows, spread was 16-2. It grossed just over 153".

In your second cam pic, the right side tines are angled right towards the camera and makes them look shorter than they are. I think this one would easily gross in the upper 140's.

If he survives to next year, he will be a fantastic buck...good luck!

28-Nov-17

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Here's a pic of the one I'm talking about.

28-Nov-17
Thanks for the comments guys, not trying to debate my 161" buck, was just saying that trail cam pics can be deceiving. Don't care about net scores either. I think the buck that's still alive will score in the 150's easy. Just my opinion. If he makes it till next year, he'll be a slammer for sure!

28-Nov-17
Can you post the score sheet of that 161" buck? I just can't add it up.

28-Nov-17

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Jack Harris's embedded Photo
This is close up of buck Matt is asking about. Having hunted this property several times and taking two 10 pt bucks off it - for some reason they always appear bigger on the ground than they do on trail cam. I think this buck has a total of around 154 inches. Heavy bases and a lot of bone overall.

28-Nov-17
I'd say about 155" - 160". He's a giant.

28-Nov-17
Much better photo!

Based on that, 150s gross and high 30s net is my guess. Nice damn buck either way!

28-Nov-17
Shooter buck....mid 150's gross would be a good guess.

I believe for most people, when they cite "gross score" in conversation, they're talking about a total of all the measurements with no symmetry deductions and including all measurable abnormal points.

28-Nov-17

LINK's embedded Photo
LINK's embedded Photo
156 give or take 3”. This one is 158 with a 14.5 inside spread. Very similar deer, yours is a bit wider but g4 on his right is weak.

28-Nov-17
On another note, nets are for fishing and have no business in hunting or scoring critters. I’m

28-Nov-17
145-148"

28-Nov-17
What is eating at me is that I sat the stand (stand I hung in 2015) all day before Matt got that picture near it. The next day this buck shows for the first time all season 4pm while I was nearly a mile away shooting a mid 130s 10 point. Bittersweet? Perhaps just a little bit no complaints had a great week of hunting

28-Nov-17
140-145

28-Nov-17
Pictures definitely have the ability to add or subtract inches that is for sure!

28-Nov-17
Ohiohunter dude relax man...I had my buddies friend who is an Ohio big buck scorer unofficially score him as we caped him out. He came up with 161" gross. I could give a rats ass about net.

28-Nov-17

molsonarcher's embedded Photo
molsonarcher's embedded Photo
This one was 149 gross and 145 3/8 net. The one in your photo appears bigger.

28-Nov-17
Ohiohunter I unofficially scored Matt’s 2015 buck since I was there when he shot it at 154” total inches. The same official sorer came up with same number as I. I wasn’t there for 2016 to see the 161 as I was with Kelly Harris. I saw the mount recently and that 161 measurement looks spot on to me. (Again just total bone without any deductions). To take a dump on someone’s post and say “no chance in hades” just make u sound like a pompous arrogant a$$. Did somebody piss in your Cheerios this morning? I am sure given your handle that you have been blessed to hunt a great Big buck state all your life and probably have a wall full of much bigger bucks that have been officially “netted down” to their true P&Y worth. Good for you!

29-Nov-17
Congrats on a great deer Matt.

01-Dec-17
I got the buck you started the thread about at 158...... those "Leaners" i.e. Angled tines will sneak by ya.

02-Dec-17
that thing is what matt says or he would not have said it. why debate facts with the fact holder. foolish.

04-Dec-17
Thanks guys..I checked out of this thread a while ago. I don't comment/post as much as I used to due to stuff like this. I do appreciate those that didn't piss in my cheerios! haha Jack you da man!

• Sitka Gear