flyingbrass 29-Nov-17
t-roy 29-Nov-17
lewis 30-Nov-17
t-roy 30-Nov-17
DuckhunterBrad 30-Nov-17
lewis 30-Nov-17
flyingbrass 30-Nov-17
29-Nov-17
I got many food plots. Some are clover. Some are fall plots only. I planted soybeans last year at some places. I've always broadcast everything. I've got a cultipacker for my clover and stuff but I'm thinking about getting a 3 row planter like a JD flex 71 or so. Can't decide on a 2 row or 3 row. My friend has a one row and he uses a high tractor with cultivators and no spray for weeds but he only plants peas. I'd like to plant lab lab, peas and soybeans with this planter. any help? Any suggestions before I make the jump

29-Nov-17

Whackmaster's embedded Photo
Whackmaster's embedded Photo
I have 2 row John Deere that's awesome. I plant sunflowers, eagle beans and have even done sorghum. Can't beat it!

29-Nov-17
Pat, would you recommend I get the JD 71 planter or save a little longer and get a super seeder like you have?

29-Nov-17
what spacing? I been reading a lot on internet on spacing

29-Nov-17
flying brass....I upgraded this year to a JD7000 6 row 30” row planter. I have an old International Harvester 6 row 30” rows planter that I’m going to sell. You’re quite a ways away, but the planter works fine and I’d make you a heck of a deal if interested. Lots of extra parts and I also have two 5 gallon buckets full of corn plates, plus 2 sets of bean plates as well. PM me if you have any questions.

As per your question, I’m with Pat on the 1 or 2 row. I’d suggest going with at least the 3 row. It would be easier to get more uniform rows, which, depending on your other equipment; sprayer, cultivator, etc, you would be less prone to be running over some of your plants with your tractor or atv.

30-Nov-17
Wonder if it would plant chufa.Lewis

30-Nov-17
I’d bet it would Lewis. Chufa is approximately the same size as a kernel of corn, isn’t it? I have a bunch of different sized planter plates.

30-Nov-17
Hard to beat the older John Deere planters for food plotting. I would also recommend a 4 row to help with row spacing and potential crop damage from spraying non uniform rows.

30-Nov-17
Pat with the different sizes of the chufa seed you probably would t-Roy over half of the chufa is larger than corn.Broadcasting thru a ate spreader is a pain in the ass we grow 2 acres a year generally on our 300 acres Lewis

30-Nov-17
Not sure how many rows to get. Maybe 2 or 3 row would be ok

• Sitka Gear