Bou'bound 02-Dec-17
WV Mountaineer 02-Dec-17
smarba 04-Dec-17
Ucsdryder 04-Dec-17
30-Nov-17

LUNG$HOT's Link
This is cool. Check it out!

30-Nov-17
Saw that yesterday, what that ram must have been thinking afterwards is hilarious.

30-Nov-17
That’s what happens when you bring a knife to a gunfight. Pretty cool.

30-Nov-17
More like bringing your fists to a knife fight....

30-Nov-17
Ram: crap I think I mis-calculated this! Get me outta here!!

30-Nov-17
I'm pretty sure the ram would have won but the buck's ear tag poked him in the eye......

30-Nov-17
Oh...I'm sure that buck had a name...

30-Nov-17
Figured it would go that way. The whitetail had the advantage of impalement. Curious to me is after initial contact, the whitetail briefly relaxed a bit. That is, right up until the ram postured (so bovidae of him) and the whoopin' commenced unabated from there out.

30-Nov-17
Surprised the antler points didn’t gut that Texas Dall open!

01-Dec-17
That is crazy!

Makes ya wonder how many times and other species this happens with on those HF type places.

Good luck, Robb

01-Dec-17
That was Awesome!

01-Dec-17
"I would liked to have seen what happened as the buck chased him off and they went behind those tree's ...."

Probably nothing - that ram didn't stop running until he got to the 10' fence on the other side of the property. LOL

01-Dec-17
I was shocked how well the buck took the initial charge. Hardly budged!

01-Dec-17
APauls: that was my EXACT thought. That ram had to outweigh the deer by quite a bit, plus the ram had momentum in his favor. The buck stopped him cold. Amazing. I wouldn't want to try to stop a charging ram that's for sure!

01-Dec-17
I went to the game farm's website for a bit of background.

The buck's name is Mathew.

The ram is known as Hoyty.

01-Dec-17
Pretty cool! I bet that ram won't try that again.

01-Dec-17
I have been on the receiving end of charges from several animals (whitetails, mule deer and elk).

It is amazing how strong even a small deer is and how dangerous their antlers are.

Getting bull dozed by a bull elk is definitely not recommended. Their antlers are very formidable, but the kicks that they lay out with their front feet are unbelievable!

Amazing that lions kill them regularly.

01-Dec-17
Treeline: if you wouldn't tilt your head and swagger toward them, they'd leave you alone! LOL

02-Dec-17
Those Texas Dalls are not as tough as they are made out to be obviously.

02-Dec-17
I was shocked that the initial blindside by the ram didn't even budge the deer. As stated above, if he hadn't then postured at the buck, he may have let things go. But, when he tried to posture and bluff the buck, the buck got mad. That most definitely was a bad thing for the ram.

04-Dec-17
Apparently he was more of a "doll" than a "dahl". LOL

I'm also somewhat surprised that the deer antler didn't break with that initial impact. A ram horn & skull would seem to be a lot more robust than a deer antler. Of course those are some pretty big antlers and he's probably getting the best protein feed money can buy.

04-Dec-17
Tree line, I want to hear the elk story! Seems like it would be a good one!

• Sitka Gear