WI Shedhead 14-Jul-20
lewis 14-Jul-20
Jaquomo 14-Jul-20
stringgunner 14-Jul-20
Inshart 14-Jul-20
Inshart 14-Jul-20
Mule Power 14-Jul-20
30-Nov-17
The record setting highs lately make it hard to get into the mood to curl up next to the fireplace with a cup of coffee or a nice glass of whisky and read a book. In fact, my son and I hung Christmas lights on the house in shorts and tee shirt last weekend!

Eventually though, winter will arrive here in Colorado and that's when I really enjoy reading. I'm not into white tail hunting books as advertised here on Bowsite so I was hoping you all could recommend some good elk hunting books, maybe back country books, etc.

30-Nov-17
Matt Dworak (DirtyD)'s Public Land Elk Hunting. you can find it on Amazon or on his website. Fantastic all-around elk hunting book, no BS, no product promotion.

30-Nov-17
Added to the wishlist, thank you, Lou! I didn't see it at our local library so I will pick up two and donate one.

30-Nov-17

PECO's Link
This book and "Elk Talk" and "Elk Tactics" buy the same guys. Great reads.

30-Nov-17
I recommend Bowhunting Modern Elk by Patrick Meitin

30-Nov-17

PECO's Link
This book and "Elk Talk" and "Elk Tactics" buy the same guys. Great reads.

30-Nov-17
X2 Jaq. I have the Book here & have read it, it's a great beginners book wanting to know the ropes of elk hunting, you'll enjoy it!

ElkNut/Paul

30-Nov-17
“Crimson Arrows” by Eyad!

30-Nov-17
Last I ran into Mike Lapinski was in Oregon at RMEF. He was living in Victor, Montana and doing well. He was originally a Northeast Pa . Resident. Great guy , I had his early elk calling and trapping books. Hope he’s well.

30-Nov-17
+1 for Matt Dowark’s book. IMO elknut’s playbook is a must read as well.

30-Nov-17
+2 for Matt’s book. Some oldies but goodies are “Bugling for Elk” by Dwight Schuh, “Successful Elk Hunting” by Lee L. Florian, “Radical Elk Hunting Strategies” by Mike Lapinski, and “Elk Talk” by Don Laubach and Mark Henckel.

01-Dec-17
Currently reading Elk Hunting Guide by Tom Airhart....Not strictly bowhunting but seems like pretty comprehensive coverage. Jerry

14-Jul-20

Buck's Link
Well, hunterhunts listed best 7 elk hunting check out the website and my favorite one is Public Land Elk Hunting Book (Black & White) https://www.hunterhunts.com/best-elk-hunting-book/

14-Jul-20
I wish BigDan had written a book on elk hunting. That would have been my go to.

14-Jul-20
+1 Pat

14-Jul-20
He thought about it I’m like you I wish he had Lewis

14-Jul-20
I offered to ghost write it for Dan but it never happened. That would have been the be-all, end-all book on archery elk hunting.

14-Jul-20
Tree Stand Hunting Rocky Mountain Elk by John Erickson.

14-Jul-20
+100 - BigDan book.

14-Jul-20
+100 - BigDan book.

14-Jul-20
Solving Elk Hunting Problems by Mike Lapinski

• Sitka Gear