jmiller 06-Dec-17
Grunter 06-Dec-17
wildwilderness 07-Dec-17
Guardian Hunter 08-Dec-17
wkochevar 08-Dec-17
MathewsMan 08-Dec-17
Harvester 05-Jan-18
01-Dec-17
Looking for a decent cat guide,ballpark figure $7k'ish USD or thereabouts,total newbie to cat hunting so not fixated on a huge tom,it's more about the experience,the hunt,and any cat taken would be the icing on the cake,not bothered where either states or Canada where I am currently,but I am a Brit so would be flying from London,thank you in advance gentlemen.

01-Dec-17
I did a lot of research last winter and will be hunting with Canyons West in Nevada next month. Dave has been great to deal with during the planning and booking process and I’m really looking forward to hunting with him. I’ll post a report when I get back.

01-Dec-17
Trackem Outfitters in Howard Colorado are pretty amazing

01-Dec-17
X2 for Canyons West!

01-Dec-17
Track em. Is hands down one of the best.

01-Dec-17
kim payne, rim rock outfitters salina, utah

01-Dec-17
QRS

02-Dec-17
I was looking at the following outfitters. I talked with Wade Lemon at SCI, and I was impressed with him overall. I ended up booking a hunt in Alberta through BSC, and I wasn't disappointed.

Wade Lemon of Wade Lemon Hunting Fred Wallace of Cat Track Outfitters Jake Bess of Timber Mountain Outfitters

02-Dec-17

Guardian Hunter's embedded Photo
Guardian Hunter's embedded Photo
Don't overlook bull Basin or Carney hunts. Both in Colorado. Well within your budget. Great people great houndsmen. Won't regret it.

02-Dec-17

Missouribreaks's Link
Avoid this guy.

02-Dec-17
There have been several threads over the last year on mtn lion guides worth looking at.. for what its worth cat track in colorado is where i went and had a great time

03-Dec-17
Reggear Outfiiters Orofino Idaho. Over the years I've sent several hunters there and all have killed lions. I've sent pairs there and both came home with toms. Extremely reputable hard working houndsman. Extremely!

03-Dec-17
Thank you gentlemen,I have read and re-read the last 3 years of mountain lion posts on here,all fascinating,watched countless YouTube videos of hounds working lion,I have checked all of your recommendations and they all look competent in the field,I shall keep you informed of events.

05-Dec-17

Hessticles's embedded Photo
We killed this 180lb Tom with wind river backcountry outfitters out of dubois,wy! Been on 3 cat hunts with them!
We killed this 180lb Tom with wind river backcountry outfitters out of dubois,wy! Been on 3 cat hunts with them!

05-Dec-17

Same cat my buddy killed with bow!
Same cat my buddy killed with bow!

05-Dec-17

My lion killed off a cliff and fell about 200ft
My lion killed off a cliff and fell about 200ft

05-Dec-17
That second photograph is just perfect,stunning.

05-Dec-17
That second photograph is just perfect,stunning.

05-Dec-17
Canyons West, Dave Gowan is top shelf.

05-Dec-17
If you don't like the cold, you can go to Arizona with Wade Eckel (Killer Lion Hunts) on a dry ground hunt. For under $7K (the figure you listed) I shot a mature Tom with him in 2012, flew there and back, and had a full size mount done. I think the hunt was like $3K at the time.

05-Dec-17
Thanks Xbow,cold doesn't bother me,I am in Canada at the moment and have been here in the past when it was down to -41 with windchill and that was for a vacation.I have looked at Mr Eccle's website recently,looks an interesting outfitter,glad your hunt was successful.

05-Dec-17
Yea, good luck. I did a bobcat in MN and Lynx in BC, so both were super cold & snow. It was cool to try something different.

06-Dec-17
I was all wondering about reggear outfitters out of idaho? Looks like a legit spot? Also like the fact you can add on a bobcat that’s a plus for me. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

06-Dec-17

houndy65's Link
I would go with Cory Dailey of Little Lost Outfitters in Idaho. myself being a houndsmen, I have a great deal of respect For cory and his hounds, he knows what he is looking for in a trophy lion.

06-Dec-17
I am going with Tangle Ridge Outfitters out of Greybull, WY next winter. So far they have been great to work with, answered all my questions, and have great references.

06-Dec-17
I'm curious why the preferred method of taking the kill pic is giving the lion a bear hug? We don't do this with 180# deer or any other animal that I've seen. I'm not saying it's wrong or have a problem with it, just curious why this is?

07-Dec-17
Mt. Lions look way bigger with the bear hug pose. You can see the size and length of the animal better. the other pose would be to put them on a rock or log.

08-Dec-17
The outfitter usually wants this pose for his portfolio! After 20 seconds you want to drop that cat! G

08-Dec-17

wkochevar's embedded Photo
estimated roughly 150+ lbs
wkochevar's embedded Photo
estimated roughly 150+ lbs
Depending on the cat, 20 seconds is asking a lot....LOL Surprisingly , that pose is not an easy one to hang on too .

08-Dec-17
Last year my dad went with QRS Outdoors here in Meeker, Colorado. Quentin Smith. One major reason is the open- policy to continue going until you harvest your Tom. The other was due to it being January and all of his booked clients were tagged out and there were a ton of lions and great conditions last year with nobody lined up top harvest them.

05-Jan-18
Lobo Outfitters out of Pagosa Springs Colorado.

• Sitka Gear