Copey 02-Dec-17
midwest 02-Dec-17
Woods Walker 02-Dec-17
02-Dec-17

Ny308Hunter's embedded Photo
String fray
Ny308Hunter's embedded Photo
String fray
Hey all, long time reader first time poster. Everyone here has been a wealth of knowledge and I appreciate it. Been hunting bow and rifle for about 15 years but the last few years I've only REALLY been concentrating on bowhunting. I noticed the other day after a morning sit this fraying near my string stop area. Now is this a cause for concern, or just string fuzzing? I shoot a few arrows every morning before work. Admittedly, I hadn't waxed my strings in a little while prior to this. Thanks for any input you can provide. Looking to build some relationships with you guys, happy to be part of the community.

02-Dec-17
Doesn't look too bad but hard to tell from the pic. How old is the string?

02-Dec-17
Wax.........

02-Dec-17
Agreed...fuzz, bow wax. Broken strand...new string.

02-Dec-17
I’m a frayed knot.

02-Dec-17
String was changed first week of October.

02-Dec-17
I think wax would be good. My strings look a little “furry” when I go from our coast into a drier desert part of the state. A little was works wonders. Best of luck.

02-Dec-17
My main concern is if you look at the bottom right there's one long strand of fiber, which corresponds to another higher left (can't see at this angle)

02-Dec-17
I bet it's fine with wax as I have same thing. Again, hard to see from the pic. If makes nervous though I'd replace. Have to be confident in your equipment.

02-Dec-17
that's nothing, just put wax on it. I once had 2 or 3 strands break on me during an elk hunt. I wrapped it up with dental floss and ended up tagging out on a nice bull in the end.

02-Dec-17
Its rubbing on someting - most likely when carrying or storing. No other reason for and fuzzing there.

02-Dec-17
Alright, I'll look into it but you guys have put me at ease a little bit. Thank you.

02-Dec-17
No bid deal. I get fraying in the same spot. Can figured it out.

02-Dec-17
lol @ Brotsky!

02-Dec-17

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear