Treeline 03-Dec-17
Inshart 03-Dec-17
FullCryHounds 04-Dec-17
Treeline 04-Dec-17
FullCryHounds 04-Dec-17
N-idaho 04-Dec-17
OFFHNTN 04-Dec-17
02-Dec-17
Any one on here shoulder mount there lion or something other then full body? Might be going next year and looking for examples

02-Dec-17
I don't have a lion mounted but gotta say- you have to include the tail so gotta be a full body.

02-Dec-17
Lifesize Mt. Lion mounts require some form of habitat base...most are a "rock scene" these can be hung on the wall but still require a lot of room or wall space. What you can do is go to "McKensie (sp) Taxidermy supplies online and look at their Mtn. Lion forms....keep in mind a good Taxidermist can alter any form to your liking.

02-Dec-17
One thing to consider...cats are very difficult to do well. You may want as much of the critter as possible to look as natural as it can.

02-Dec-17

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Saw these online

02-Dec-17

trkyslr's embedded Photo
trkyslr's embedded Photo

02-Dec-17
That half lifesize is pretty cool!

02-Dec-17

Treeline's embedded Photo
Treeline's embedded Photo
did Rugs with mine. Life size is better and should have done that with this one - made B and C Book.

02-Dec-17
Treeline - You still could, right?

02-Dec-17
"Life size is better and should have done that with this one"

Yep

02-Dec-17
No. Lose too much hide on a rug. All the underside is cut off. Have two lion rugs, one of these days I’ll do a good life sized cat. Just need to kill another really big one

03-Dec-17
Oh yeah, I didn't think about the fact that the underside would be cut off.

03-Dec-17
I like turkey slayers

03-Dec-17
I like that second one. Plan on doing a life size, tho. You probably aren’t going to shoot too many lions....

03-Dec-17
Make contact with Razza - one of the best Taxidermy guys in the business, pretty sure he will steer you in the right direction.

04-Dec-17

FullCryHounds's embedded Photo
FullCryHounds's embedded Photo
Treeline, you don't loose any hide on a rug. Every inch of hide is used on all rugs.

04-Dec-17
Dean, I have been told that I would not be able to make a life-size out of a rug. Missing parts of the underbelly and paws. I have several cat and bear rugs. Should have done a full body mount with my big lion but was pretty broke at the time.

04-Dec-17
The cuts that are made for a rug are slightly different then for a LS. And the main pads on the feet are removed for a rug. However, none of the hide is cut off for a rug, it's all there.

04-Dec-17
i have a shoulder mount lion, if I new how I could post a pic, I like it and it was a lot less than a life size. that said if it had be a once In a life time cat I might have life sized it. I have hounds and it was my first tom lion I treed and my daughter shot it. I think it was around 400 to mount.

04-Dec-17

OFFHNTN's embedded Photo
OFFHNTN's embedded Photo
Here's how I had mine done.

• Sitka Gear