sticksender 21-Dec-17
XMan 21-Dec-17
ELKMAN 21-Dec-17
sdkhunter 21-Dec-17
Bowfreak 21-Dec-17
12yards 21-Dec-17
Tilzbow 21-Dec-17
04-Dec-17
Thinking of getting the Hoyt RX1 anyone have one? Need some feed back. Thanks.

04-Dec-17
I bought one, but won't have it till the first of January or so they are telling me. Patience, patience, patience....

--jim

04-Dec-17
I haven't gotten my hands one yet. That's because I'm a lefty and they won't be avialable until January per Hoyt customer service folks.

04-Dec-17
Ordered a RX1, but it won't be here for another month or so.

04-Dec-17
Thought about it, but decided I'd rather drop the coin on something else.

I'm not convinced it will shoot that much better than my CS 34 ZT...

05-Dec-17
I bought the Ulta but it will be January before it shows.

05-Dec-17
I had no plans on ordering but a thief helped their self to nearly all of my hunting equipment after a home break in. I ordered an Ultra and am a lefty. So January-ish.

05-Dec-17
You will not regret it. Seriously the best pure hunting Hoyt to date in my opinion. Easy to tune, easy to draw, holds on target like granite, just the right amount of weight to them. (And they are killing it on speed)

05-Dec-17
Yeah. Ordered, but waiting

05-Dec-17
I always enjoy your unbiased opinion on Hoyt Elkman. :)

05-Dec-17
LOL! Shoot one and you won't think it's biased!

10-Dec-17
Well, I did it yesterday! Bought myself a present. Went to the archery shop open house and Brad Buth of Hoyt was there with all the new bows. Had to shoot the RX1 Ultra. Dang! Took my Carbon Spyder 34 along to shoot as a comparison. The Carbon Spyder is sweet, but I did it anyway and ordered one. A lot of money, but my rationale was it'll probably be my last bow! Hope it's fun.

10-Dec-17
"A lot of money, but my rationale was it'll probably be my last bow! Hope it's fun."

I've used that same rationale....30 bows ago

10-Dec-17
I am needed to get my butt to the shop. The turbo only comes in carbon so I guess $$$$$$ but love em

10-Dec-17
I fondled a cd turbo in a shop today. Didn’t have time to shoot it. I’ve always disliked Hoyt, mostly because of the fanboy heros, but man that thing was light and balanced well. I’m not about to drop 1400 but I might be talked into 900 if it shoots well.

10-Dec-17
"I’ve always disliked Hoyt, mostly because of the fanboy heros,..."

I am going to pretend that makes sense...

10-Dec-17
I shot one and didn’t care for its draw and it had a lot of vibration at the shot. But a bow is personal thing so it could totally different feeling for the next guy.

11-Dec-17
I got one! Got the Rx1.. Went to Scheels here in Colorado and traded my Defiant.. Man is it smooth! Love the draw cycle, balance and let off...

13-Dec-17
They are truly amazing, and super easy to tune and shoot.

13-Dec-17
From above: "I’m not about to drop 1,400 but I might be talked into 900 if it shoots well".

You will get a new in the box for that or less on ebay next October.

I just got a new in box 2017 carbon defiant for $756.00. new a year ago would have been that $1400

The question is not if the new model is worth $1,400, but more is it worth $600 to you to get it now vs. a year from now.

13-Dec-17
I do the same as you Bou'bound. I just buy last years bow brand new for the discount. If I don't like it, I sell it and don't lose that much then.

14-Dec-17
It's not a real option for me since I am a lefty with a long draw length. Basically no shop stocks lefties or at least very few have them. They are almost always special order.

14-Dec-17
Mark, I have had the very same issues only im a much shorter draw. We lefty's are certainly at a big disadvantage. Reason I might go with last years models though is because I can see the overall reviews and issues if any. Unfortunately I cant go try out a bunch of bows to find the one I like best, so I let the bow find me.

14-Dec-17
"It's not a real option for me since I am a lefty..."

Yep - very limited options buying last year's as well.

14-Dec-17
You DO NOT want last years on these... JS

14-Dec-17
If you're gonna buy a used Hoyt or a "new old stock" model, I recommend looking at the '14 models. It may be a personal feel thing, but for me at least, the Defiant is very stiff drawing as compared to the '14 Carbon Spyder and the new RX-1's. I noticed that my local shop still has one CST new-in-box for 800. Heckuva bargain but I already have one of those. After shooting them all, including the competing Bowtech Reign, Realm, and the new Matthews, I think I've settled on getting the RX-1 turbo, as soon as the local shop gets one in camo finish.

15-Dec-17
Neither of the mentioned because ‘lefties’ are even a longer wait...Did go with a Pro Defiant and really like it!

15-Dec-17
Lefties are supposed to start shipping in January. You never know though as it could always be pushed back.

15-Dec-17
January is normally March on the Hoyt calendar.

15-Dec-17
I have had mine for a month now with the RX1 Sight, Quiver, Stabilizer. Store received two and I took the Kuiu Verde 2 pattern. They said they were the first two in Canada? Comes with a nice soft case (REDWRX red/black) and BB Hat. It is a very forgiving bow to shoot and is top notch in the looks department. Hopefully I will have it a long time.

16-Dec-17
Agreed Rockbass

17-Dec-17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9lDScaxZgA

Check out this link... makes me wonder if there's a better solution.

17-Dec-17
So what can Hoyt do next year, or have they finally peaked?

17-Dec-17
HMMMMM.

17-Dec-17
So what can anyone do next year? We have been to the point of incremental improvements for years.

17-Dec-17
That's a very interesting video. More interesting is how he did a follow up version with the cable guard remove and the torque on the riser was reduced.

17-Dec-17
Yep. Was even more interesting seeing how such an "unstable" 28 inch bow made by their biggest competitor, had a lot less built in torque on the draw cycle. That doesn't fit the generated hype, by one guy in particular, about the Hoyt bow. Once again, just an observation from the facts provided. And, not my personal opinion of which bow a guy needs to buy. It's just the unbiased facts. Watch his other video's for confirmation.

17-Dec-17
No idea what that test means with respect to how the bow shoots. It's no real secret that torque is induced in modern compound bows that incorporate a cable guard, which is virtually all of them. That's how they're designed. What the test doesn't answer is how the various bows perform dynamically (i.e, when shot). Good arrow flight on a fully tuned bow is what I'd be looking for.

17-Dec-17
I guess you didn’t see the centergy video.

17-Dec-17
Me neither sticksender. But, I'm guessing it takes repetition to produce tuning that makes perfect arrow flight for every shot. And, the closer to center a bow sets during the draw, the better it will shoot for the average archer shot after shot. I am just guessing though. And, I'm returning what's been given. Because, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

18-Dec-17
Those tests are incomplete and VERY easily manipulated. He never showed any of the calibration on the set up, and without each bows grip compensated at the contact point with some representation of human tissue at best they are inconclusive. Not to mention irrelevant regardless, one bow can have more "torque" and still shoot circles around another. NOT JUST MY OPINION . Shoot what you want WV Mountaineer, I know I will. We can compare results anytime you like, at the range, or in the field.

18-Dec-17
What matters most is in-line tracking through the entire power stroke.

Those tests show what the bow does on it's own with a simple pivot point in the saddle of the grip. If a bow did not rotate about it's neutral axis, then a level on a sight would be meanigless and would be another marketing gimic by an accessories company.

ALL bows will have rotational torque because of how we hold them. Can't get away from it.

18-Dec-17
I don't see this guy manipulating bows to prove any points or get paid, he seems like a guy who does this for fun and loves testing stuff with his home made inventions. I have shot a new Hoyt every year since the Trykon and have had to MANIPULATE the split yoke on every one to get good arrow flight, and even after that it was a continuos micro tuning throughout the life of the bow (Winners choice and 60x strings and cables). After seeing this guys testing on the Prime Centergy I was curious and tried one and was amazed that there was NO nock travel or side pressure to the shot, just clean perfect arrow flight with or without fletched arrows and with or without broadheads. I'm just throwing this out there for information and maybe I got lucky but I don't think so.

Check this link as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbPFWEHwGZE

18-Dec-17
It's hard to believe we can hit anything with these bows......or hit anything in the past.

18-Dec-17
You see, I’m really an Elkman fan. Truly have been and likely always will be. What I like about you is your make no apologies approach to things. I admire anyone who tells it like they see. As long as they think they are right, I accept it for what it is whether I agree or not.

As stated above, I have absolutely zero idea what that test means other than to speculate how it would affect the average bow shot. My speculation might or might not be right. It really doesn’t matter to me one way or the other. As I’ll never own any bow that costs that much money.

Nor do I have a favorite brand of bow. I live by the thought that the one that suits me best and within the price range I’d be willing to pay, is the one I’d buy. Regardless of name. So, I’m no fanboy of anything based on name. Only how it works. And, I like to pick at people who don’t see it that way. It’s just fun. and, no harm meant. So, do t take it that way.

To get to the comparing in the field invite, I appreciate that. I’d love to share the field with you so we could compare my bestest bow results to yours. I know what you’ve done and who you are. So, I’m pretty confident that you could put this half blind, dumb hillbilly in front of a big bull. Man, I’m on a roll here. I’ve been invited to a bowsite elk hunt by one of bowsites elk killing machines twice now. I really can’t say thank you enough. :^)

Seriously man, it was just me digging at you the way you have others. Don’t take things so personal. It was just giving back a little of what you gave. As willing as you Have done that to the Matthews guys, surely you can take a little back in return.

God Bless men

19-Dec-17
I NEVER take the ford vs. chevy B.S. to heart. 90% of the time I'm just poking the bear myself. These new Hoyts are truly a different animal than previous models. Not saying that they have the "best" of every single thing, but I will say that they I believe that they are the "best" bow from top to bottom being produced in 2018. If I didn't believe that I wouldn't be shooting them. (I have options) And you are welcome in my camp anytime... ;-)

19-Dec-17
Ship date is January 10 on my lefty Ultra. Can't wait!

20-Dec-17
I ordered the Ultra. Still isn't here though the wait is killing me.

21-Dec-17
Hoyt is known for running well late on shipping promises. always worth it upon arrival, seldom arrives close to promised date.

21-Dec-17
^^^^ Not true ^^^^ Mine arrive 10 days before the promised shipped date.

21-Dec-17
My local shop finally received a 29/70 turbo in kuiu camo yesterday. Once again I shot both the RX-1 and the turbo model for comparison before making any decision. They didn't have one of the Ultra models on hand. Draw cycle on the turbo definitely has a shorter valley compared to the RX-1, but not "jump-out-of-your-hand" short like say, the old spiral cams were, and about the same feel on the valley as my CST. The back wall feels more firm on the turbo than the regular RX-1. Brace height is less than 1/4 inch difference between the two, so not a real factor. For reasons unknown, both of these new bow models have more "hand shock" than previous Hoyts (draw stop timing was checked and perfect on the two that I shot). But hand shock has never been much of a factor for me when considering a bow. In any case, being that I'm always a fan of more speed, I brought home the turbo. Looking forward to doing a lot of shooting with it.

21-Dec-17
Dbl post

21-Dec-17
Which CST are you comparing it to sticksender? The 2014 or the ZT?

21-Dec-17
12yards, that was the 2014 with Z5 cam.

21-Dec-17
Bou is spot on, my dad is still waiting on his new bow, he ordered it 2 1/2 months ago and was supposed to have it already.....needless to say he is a tad bit annoyed LOL

21-Dec-17
Agreed Tilzbow.^^^ ___ Hoyt has only had one year where delivery wasn't on time or ahead of schedule, and that was 16. There were A LOT of factors involved in that one, and people lost jobs over it. We have actually found the new RX bows to have less hand shock than previous years.

21-Dec-17
I ordered mine this week - no solid ETA... After shooting the Triax, Realm and RX1 I'm confident that I could have shot and hunted with any of those bows successfully - all super! Been a lot of years since I've shot a Hoyt but the RX1 just seems to fit me so well - can't wait to get it in and setup!

21-Dec-17
More often than not when you are waiting a long time an a bow it is your dealer that is the holdup. That is not always the case but it is the norm more often than not.

21-Dec-17
That 2014 Turbo was a winner for sure. I really liked the Z5.

21-Dec-17
I’ve ordered three Hoyt bows in the last 7 years and all three arrived on or before the promise date. Two were ordered from a very small shop while the RX1was ordered through the Scheels in Reno. If bows are way past due I’d suspect the shop made a mistake more than Hoyt.

• Sitka Gear