Ny308Hunter 06-Dec-17
Grunt-N-Gobble 06-Dec-17
APauls 06-Dec-17
05-Dec-17

Ny308Hunter's embedded Photo
Oops
Ny308Hunter's embedded Photo
Oops
So, it happened. My trusty old broadhead tuning block gave up the ghost. Had a pass-through with a purposely dulled down Exodus head on a brand new carbon express Mayhem arrow after having my bow tuned up 15 lbs. Behind the block is anoher soft target. Unfortunately the target is also set up behind the shed, where a solid steel sheet is leaned up against the fence behind both targets for storage (you see where I'm going with this). Solid pass through, large thud. Arrow surprisingly didn't explode and actually shoots just as good as it did before, just has a scuff on it. No cracks either. But anyway, the head is actually in pretty good shape and still straight, I guess that's some serious steel. The point is fairly blunt. Anyone know the best way to re-sharpen these ferrules?

05-Dec-17
Couple options. 1st, use any knife sharping stone and push it point first against the stone. 2nd, do the same thing as above with a flat file.

Flat side down and rotate until all 3 sides or the 6 edges are sharpened and the blunt point is gone. Ive done the same to the tips of Muzzy and Slicktrick BH.

06-Dec-17
Ohiohunter X2!

06-Dec-17
True Ohiohunter, I did consider that as an option. Maybe i'll just keep it that way. A new box is only $40 as it is.

06-Dec-17
I don't have Exodus BH, however how does the point being concave have anything to do with sharping the edges? I just don't see the problem.

I've see plenty of Muzzy tips that were somewhat concave as well and I never had a problem sharping the edges.

06-Dec-17
If you file it kind of like a tanto tip, you can easily sharpen it even though it is concave. Once you take off a little meat you will be sharpening the tip.

• Sitka Gear