Michael 05-Dec-17
Salagi 05-Dec-17
Paul@thefort 05-Dec-17
drycreek 05-Dec-17
RJ Hunt 06-Dec-17
Drop Tine 06-Dec-17
Stryker 06-Dec-17
05-Dec-17
Have not done a lot of predator calling but would like to get into it this winter. Would like input on electronic calls and your opinions

05-Dec-17
FoxPro is the gold standard. The Shockwave unit is quite nice and you can customize the sounds as much as you would like.

05-Dec-17
Foxpro seems to enjoy almost universal praise.

05-Dec-17
Wildlife technologies call is the best I have used.

05-Dec-17
I have no complaints with my foxpro. I will add that Randy Anderson has sounds that can be bought and downloaded into your call. I prefer his howls over most of the others I have used.

05-Dec-17
I have an Icotec 300 that I have been quite happy with. It has 12 pre-recorded sounds and no way to add more so that is a definite limitation. The remote is supposed to be good out to 300 yards, I've not tried it anywhere close to that myself but have had no problem with the distances I have used. Price on it is $75-$100 which makes it one of the cheapest out there. I didn't feel I could justify spending more at the time.

05-Dec-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Not to down play the electronic callers but using a mouth call or two can produce a variety of prey calls that will enticed in fox and coyotes. I even called in the bear I bow shot with a mouth call. Being a bow hunter, I try to call them in a close as possible but use a 222 to kill them. Last winter, I had good success with a mouth blown coyote howler to bring in other yotes. You might try the mouth call route and then invest more for an electronic caller if Predator Hunting, get in your blood.

05-Dec-17
I've owned two foxpros and I'm happier with my Primos Turbo Dawg. Sounds are much the same, but there's more volume in the Primos and I like the remote much better. Much cheaper too !

06-Dec-17
I am very happy with my Fox pro. Also you can get one from All Predator calls website and they will custom load whatever sounds you want and ship to you. I use hand calls also but really prefer the Fox pro most times.

06-Dec-17

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
I’ve had good luck with the Alpha Dog. All the volume you will ever need.

06-Dec-17
Thanks for all of the input guys. I have looked at both the Fox Pro and Primos but my experience is zero on electronic callers so am looking forward to getting one or the other. I've done a limited amount of calling with a hand held call with little results so this is why I am looking at the electronic side of the sport. There are lots of predators here in Wyoming so hope to be able to update this adventure as the winter has just gotten started.

• Sitka Gear