BigOk 06-Dec-17
BigOk 06-Dec-17
BigOk 06-Dec-17
The last savage 06-Dec-17
BigOk 06-Dec-17
The last savage 07-Dec-17
06-Dec-17

pointingdogs's Link
So I have an area behind my house for whitetail. A huge and perfect oak tree, in that deer never picked me out. Really nice in that I can walk the 400 yards on a late afternoon and sit for a short sit. Well, this summer a tornado came through the area (my house survived) and took down a few trees... and yep you guessed it .... the big oak was one of the trees. Needless to say I am lost without that tree. It was situated for the perfect wind and trails and I could see across the valley for deer coming my way. I put up a ladder stand and it just doesn't cut it. I was thinking about an elevated box blind (seems to be my only option). Place 4 telephone poles and build it on top of a platform. Has anyone built a homemade box blind and how did it turn out? Any suggestions. I want: 1.visability and 2. a nice window to shoot out of. I have looked at this pre-made box blind. Reasonable price and fits my budget (I don't want to spend +$1000.00). Thanks in advance.

06-Dec-17
Martin, do a Google search, ie, Elevated box blind. Lots of pictures and info how to build. Sorry about the mighty oak.

06-Dec-17

drycreek's embedded Photo
Bow hanger covered with rubber gas line
Bow hanger covered with rubber gas line
The door covered in I/O carpet
The door covered in I/O carpet
On the platform
On the platform
This is what I built. How high you put it is up to you. Made from one utility panel with a portion of another added for height. I turned it in a circle to fit a commercial top that is available locally but you could make your own. Fabricated the door from more utility panel. It makes a 6' blind with plenty of room to bowhunt from. Three windows, but you can customize to suit yourself, and covered with indoor/outdoor carpet. Camo mesh on the windows, military type camo netting on the outside, then brushed up for more camo effect. Add a good chair and you're hunting !

06-Dec-17
i built one from a 2x2 frame walls, 2x4 framed floor.

i skinned it with 1/2 plywood and painted it camo.

it is 6'x6' and 7' tall.

i used 1x12's turned vertical for the windows and i bow hunt out of it.

i have killed an 8 point, doe, and a turkey from it with a bow....

06-Dec-17

Like watching TV !
Like watching TV !
This one sits on the ground but will be elevated next year
This one sits on the ground but will be elevated next year
This one is on a 2.5' high platform. After adding the military camo netting it blends right in.

06-Dec-17
Great!

06-Dec-17
Nice build!!

06-Dec-17
Thanks guys, some really neat ideas.

06-Dec-17

06-Dec-17

BigOk's embedded Photo
BigOk's embedded Photo

06-Dec-17
I can't get addition pics loaded from my phone. The blind is in the cedar tree. 4x6 platform, 6' to floor. The legs are 4x4 treated posts, the floor are 2x6 treated and X braced each side. The blind is rock solid.

06-Dec-17
Bigok....fantastic camo blind !!! One of the best I've seen...

06-Dec-17
Last Savage, the things we do for our kids!! Specifically when they want to start hunting!!!

07-Dec-17
Agreed..

• Sitka Gear