Woods Walker 06-Dec-17
Michael 06-Dec-17
oldgoat 07-Dec-17
mgmicky 07-Dec-17
snapcrackpop 07-Dec-17
BOHUNTER09 07-Dec-17
Rock 11-Dec-17
06-Dec-17
Excuse me if this ends up being a stupid question, but I decided to go to a RCH this year over a FBH and for what ever reason it never occurred to me I would at some point have to wear it while wearing very heavy clothing while hunting in cold temps. In cold temps I usually prefer to wear parkas the length of which ends at about even or close to the bottom of my pants pockets. Considering this how does one wear a RCH over heavy jackets that will interfere with how you must wear a RCH for it to work properly and not have my jackets ride up allowing a great deal of heat to escape and I get cold rather quickly as a result? Am I just missing something? Worked fine early season where I was wearing only liter jackets that only extended to my waist, but I just don't see how it will work while wearing a parka.

06-Dec-17
Ho-kay.......what is a RCH and a FBH?

06-Dec-17
"Ho-kay.......what is a RCH and a FBH? "

X2

06-Dec-17
Rock climbing harness. Full body harness.

06-Dec-17
Got it. Thanks!

My solution would be to hunt on the ground.

06-Dec-17
“Got it. Thanks! My solution would be to hunt on the ground.”

X2

07-Dec-17
Can't wear it over, so either have to go back to FBH or just run the tether under the bottom of the parka

07-Dec-17
If your parka or bibs have a top and bottom zipper you can run it between the 2 and just zip it tight to the tether

07-Dec-17
^^what mgmicky said. I use the RC harness and put it on at the truck over my pants. Then when I get to my stand or in my stand, I put on my bibs over the RC harness. I don't even have to unhook to put it or a coat on! The rope goes out the bibs zipper (great if it has a top & bottom zipper) or i leave the bibs zipper open.

For the "jacket riding up" issue, if the rope is a little slack it will drop down from your belly-button location, under the coat and then back up to the tree (preferably head height). O better yet if the coat has a top & bottom zipper. No PROBLEM!

07-Dec-17
I wear my rch just like snapcp but usually let it sag just below jacket then up outside to attach

11-Dec-17
Why not just put the waist portion of the RCH over the jacket bottom just like tucking a shirt into your pants?

• Sitka Gear