Bowfreak 10-Dec-17
Bou'bound 10-Dec-17
ChrisH. 10-Dec-17
Bou'bound 10-Dec-17
JTreeman 10-Dec-17
Franklin 10-Dec-17
Bowfreak 10-Dec-17
10-Dec-17
Is there any real benefit to the optional limb stop peg being used on this cam vs. just the cable stops? It is provided as an option, anyone have any thoughts or it just irrelevant and a personal preference type thing.

10-Dec-17
It provides a firmer backwall then the cable stops. If you are used to a limb stop bow you can feel the difference. It may not matter to you, it is personal Preference based on feel.

10-Dec-17
Brotsky is spot on. I have a friend that has it on his. I don’t have it on mine. You can tell the diefference. I thought the back wall with it installed felt similar to an Elites.

10-Dec-17
This.

As a general rule, if you shoot a real dynamic shot you will probably prefer cable stops. If you shoot a passive shot limb stops might feel better.....or if you shoot an index finger release you will probably prefer the limb stop.

10-Dec-17
What is a dynamic and a passive shot. New terms for me.

10-Dec-17
I prefer the cable stops

10-Dec-17
Dynamic means you are actively pulling hard into the stops and more than likely activating your shot with back tension. Often the follow through is explosive be Passive is a very relaxed shot where you are basically adding enough energy to keep the bow at full draw and not much more. When the arrow is released your release hand often doesn't move.

10-Dec-17
Thanks

10-Dec-17
I use them. I use a caliper release and like the firm back wall feel. But like others said I think it is personal preference.

10-Dec-17
I shot my Carbon Defiant with and without the limbstop. I preferred the solid wall the limb stop provided.

10-Dec-17
Do you use both simultaneously

10-Dec-17
So I ordered a new RX-1 with Hoyt's new "ZT hyper cam". I have always been partial to Limb stops opposed to cable stops. The test bow I about had cable stops. Does anyone know if limb stops are an option on the new RX-1?

Thanks, --jim

10-Dec-17
I prefer them as I am most accurate with a firm push forward and a firm pull back prior to release...it really steadies my shot.

10-Dec-17
For what it's worth I shoot the cable stops.

• Sitka Gear