NorCalVineyards 03-Jan-18
NorCalVineyards 12-Jan-18
BOWUNTR 12-Jan-18
Ambush 13-Jan-18
Buglmin 13-Jan-18
bighorn 13-Jan-18
NorCalVineyards 13-Jan-18
11-Dec-17
Going to Arizona for a Archery Mule in Jan, unit 22 any info on where to start or go would be appreciated. Thank You.

11-Dec-17
We are having a really dry winter. So get on google earth and find you some stock tanks and hunt from a blind or tree stand. They gotta have water.

Terry

21-Dec-17
Heading down as well mid Jan. Sitting tanks could be a great idea. I prefer to glass from a vantage point and locate ??. Once you find the does you typically find some bucks this time of year.

21-Dec-17
Are you guys buying otc tags, or are these draw areas?

21-Dec-17
OTC

21-Dec-17
Problem with tanks is you'll find guys sitting on them or waiting their turn to sit on them!! Everyone here claims tanks and in all honesty act like they own it. Which 22? Bucks ain't rutting yet, and with the traffic, find some vantage points and start glassing!! Bring good optics and use them. Everyone is wanting for snow to push bucks in to areas and bunch the deer up. Unit 6a is open this year, and it's worth checking out as well. There are a lot of hunters, and more waiting till Jan. 1st so they can start hunting.

22-Dec-17
Waterhole hunting can be a PITA. And there will be lots of guys. You can get away from them if you are willing to put in a bit of effort. I just hunted for 5 days in the western deserts without seeing another hunter. The closer to the metro areas the more hunting pressure.

27-Dec-17
Headed down to the desert Mid Jan. Any good water holes around Wickenburg worth checking out, JK/ wait, not really.

27-Dec-17
Good luck

28-Dec-17
Wickenburg area gets hit hard. Unit 42 in particular. Look at the AZGFD recreational access map in the portal. It has about 90% of their drinkers listed with gps coordinates. We have gone so long without rain most stock tanks are dry and deer are bunched up near drinkers.

28-Dec-17
I love Arizona... Ed F

28-Dec-17
Creed, I was looking at 44A and 20C... Maybe a little of 42.

28-Dec-17
The drinkers are stock wells, pumped into dirt tanks, yes?

28-Dec-17
How did you do creed?

28-Dec-17
Drinkers are usually large aprons that catch the water and it flows into a big storage tank, often underground. Then water is gravity fed into the small drinker.

28-Dec-17
How did you do creed?

Still have a tag. But it’s not over yet. :-)

02-Jan-18
Stickflicker, thanks for the clarifier! Counting down the days, T minus 12 and counting.

02-Jan-18
Fellas can I purchase my hunting license and TAG online and print it from home?

02-Jan-18
Pretty sure you need to buy the tag from a dealer. Any Walmart should have them.

02-Jan-18
Thanks Heat. That’s how we did it before, wasn’t sure if it changed.

02-Jan-18

hunting dad's embedded Photo
hunting dad's embedded Photo
I managed to kill a buck on my birthday to finish the year. Then started the new year with a pig. Both on the same tank.

02-Jan-18
Thought I was going to Arizona. Work changed my plans. Thanks for the info. Try again next year.

03-Jan-18
Way to pull of a desert double! Congrats!

12-Jan-18
Headed out the 14th pointed south of Kingman. Should be on a vantage glassing Monday afternoon ( when all the weekend warriors head back to work - ??) . Will post up some glassing pics ( assumes I find some deer- lol). Here we go!

12-Jan-18
Good luck... Ed F

13-Jan-18
Awesome desert double there Hunting Dad!! Congrats!

13-Jan-18
You'll find most guys in Arizona are die hard mule deer and whitetail hunters, not your average weekend warrior. You'll be surprised the number of guys that are out during the week chasin deer, and with the season ending the 15th, plus a holiday, you'll see guys out for one more try.

13-Jan-18
Norcal hope to see some pic.

13-Jan-18
I think the season ends at the end of the month and I’ve noticed a lot less pressure during the week the three years I’ve been hunted Jan in the desert.

• Sitka Gear