cwater 13-Dec-17
Mule Power 13-Dec-17
Ollie 13-Dec-17
Turkeyhunter 13-Dec-17
bigswivle 13-Dec-17
PAstringking 15-Dec-17
PAstringking 15-Dec-17
12-Dec-17
hey guys! It appears i HAVE to go to Florida for a wedding.... I am going to try to make the most out of my trip and try to get a hog hunt in while im down there ( sometime in February 2018) I will be in the Tampa area, and looking for somewhere to hunt some hogs! anyone have an outfitter or a guide recommendation or any tips on where to start looking?!Really only interested in bow hunting them. Most likely a 1 or 2 day hunt, i will not need lodging!

Thanks in advance!

12-Dec-17
Matt Cates

12-Dec-17
Matt Cates

12-Dec-17
Glen Grizzazi

12-Dec-17
Not trying to be a smarty but just try googling "hog hunts near tampa florida" and you will get lots of possibilities. That said, I have not hunted with any of them and have no input on which specific one to target.

12-Dec-17
The outfitters forum here has some hog guides already checked out. Use Florida as the location.

12-Dec-17
I think I’d take my chances with some referrals from guys on bowsite first.

12-Dec-17
Osceola outfitters is probably the best around here. He's a pretty good ride from Tampa though

13-Dec-17
No offense Ollie but Google doesn't discern between guides that will help you get on gamr and guides that will help you empty your checking account. You can't beat the Bowsite Outfitter Reviews or personal testimonies such as the original poster is soliciting. We've heard some horrific experiences from some of our hunters whom have hunted with guides they "found on the internet".

13-Dec-17
^^^^ took the words out of my mouth!

13-Dec-17
^^^ Mine too!

13-Dec-17
I wouldn't be stupid enough to book a hunt based on an internet search alone. An internet search gives you an idea of what is in the area and then it is up to you to properly vet the outfitters.

13-Dec-17
Booked a florida hog hunt last march. Outfitter told us hogs were hitting hard and eating lots of feed. We arrived at the hunting location, and walked into the stand.....grass and oats were 12 inch high of lush green growth under the feeder. Was dispointment to say the least. The other experence was hog hunt and the outfitter never mentioned anything or there was nothing on website or FB about high fence. There was hogs but we thought it was a fair chase hunt we bought.

13-Dec-17
Turkeyhunter,

Most of the outfitted hog hunts in Florida are fenced(not high fence, but hog wire fenced). The outfitters buy hogs year round from people and replenish the population.

15-Dec-17

PAstringking's embedded Photo
Just got back from hunting with Matt Cates... had a good trip

15-Dec-17

And this little guy also....

• Sitka Gear