APauls 18-Dec-17
elk yinzer 18-Dec-17
Fuzz 19-Dec-17
APauls 19-Dec-17
ACB 19-Dec-17
snapcrackpop 20-Dec-17
Trial153 20-Dec-17
18-Dec-17
I love this site too much to say it needs tweaking, would it be a bad idea to have a recipes section? At some point when the need comes over you it's hard to scroll through threads and find where they were buried... there are a lot of good cooking ideas come up here. Good hunters make good chefs!

18-Dec-17
That would be a good resource!

18-Dec-17
yes it would be

18-Dec-17
agree.

18-Dec-17
PASTRAMI!!!!

18-Dec-17
Yes I tried Pinterest once and I could feel my masculinity seeping away. I ran away. This would be a superior alternative.

18-Dec-17
I think that would be an awesome idea. I'm always looking to try new Big Game recipes.

18-Dec-17
Many could use different recipes for their tag soup :)

18-Dec-17
^^^^^I could use a good tag soup recipe, maybe even tag stir fry? :)

Kidding aside, I think a recipe section would really useful.

18-Dec-17
I would be happy if I could get on more than 1 computer to get on BS,took me forever to get back on after I started receiving a banned message for some weird reason and i never did get anyone to respond from customer service

18-Dec-17
Great idea

18-Dec-17
Good idea. We also need a thread on how to deal with bullet damaged meat.

18-Dec-17
I mark the good recipe threads as favorites.

18-Dec-17
"We also need a thread on how to deal with bullet damaged meat. " Really? The answer seems so obvious.

18-Dec-17
I made this suggestion a couple of years ago. My response was we already have that. I didn't even know about. I think it was under the resources tab section.

I cannot find it now.

18-Dec-17
I like this idea and I would refer to it a lot.

18-Dec-17
Great idea! There's some amazing chefs on this site!

18-Dec-17
I agree, great idea APuals. From the smoker threads to the goose jerky we got some great recipes that would be really nice to go right to.

18-Dec-17
I second the motion...the good cooks are hunting's greatest ambassadors.

18-Dec-17
Yeah I’m in. Not sure if I’d hit it regularly but it would be a “must visit” when you have one of those, what should we have for dinner moments.

18-Dec-17
LOL, well all I know is I looked for it today and it wasn't there. Maybe it wasn't visible enough? Or maybe today's man has evolved and now we're ready for it. It's OK for a man to cook now ;)

I would assume the traffic would be way different than a forum. A recipe for bratwurst isn't going to have near the same volume, because you only need to look at it the day you are cooking as opposed to a thread/threads that you constantly check in on.

18-Dec-17
I did not realize that, Pat. I think along the lines of a sub-forum or whatever you call it around these parts. To include butchering, processing, and cooking. Complete field-to-table, to use a cliche I find overly irritating.

Recipes are ok. I say there are two types of cooks, engineers and artists. Recipes are for the engineer types. I never cook off a recipe, and if asked to create a recipe I have a heck of a time....My recipes sound like this..."a lil' of this, a lil' of that, balance this out, add this until you get the right consistency"....the measurements mean nothing to me.

I may scan recipes for ideas, or to get a ballpark idea where I want to go with something. A loose guide.

My wife on the other hand, major engineer cook. She's a good cook too, but she needs a recipe to boil water. No sense for proportions or balancing flavors. Measure everything.

In that sense, a recipe section is cool, but I kind of like the free-flowing format of a forum better. A forum can include recipes certainly, but there is much more room for dialogue and free-flowing ideas. I think it would be a good sell. Maybe getting away from the core bowhunting essence a bit, but I frequent a few of these forums and none of them have very much higher-level cooking discussion going on.

19-Dec-17
Elk yinzer.... Same way when cooking. I've never made chilli, or pretty much anything the same way and I cook 98% of the meals in our house. But, I do like checking out new recipes for ideas and as a starting point. I'm always looking for something new to try and would like a specific spot to check for a new idea... like this osso bucco I've been hearing about!

19-Dec-17
Yes, yinzer, but like you and Fuzz say, a recipe helps for a starting point! A recipe helps me tread into "unknown territory" with stuff I've never done. Then I feel free to freestyle

19-Dec-17
Great idea

20-Dec-17
Pat, I believe it would have better "traffic" if it had its own forum section; like bear, deer, equipment, etc. Hidden in the "resources" or whatever section isn't going to get used.

20-Dec-17
I would love to see this site in a more modern format. I think it’s antiquated and limits participation the way it is.

• Sitka Gear