mitchelk 04-Jun-18
Bigpizzaman 05-Jun-18
midwest 05-Jun-18
Bou'bound 05-Jun-18
lineman21 05-Jun-18
23-Dec-17

Bear Track's Link
Holy smokes, does time fly!!!!

Jeannine and I started out annual auction a few weeks ago and initially I had trouble adding our web site address to the thread a few times so Charlie took the thread down for me to re-start. We ran into some personal issues here and time got away on us.

So here we go. It's not Christmas just yet and we will run this auction till after Christmas, maybe till shortly after New Years Day.

The rules are simple as each and every year:

Bowsite owners and sponsors are not responsible for any issues that may develop during this hunt.

Bear Track Outfitters does not receive one penny to sponsor this auction. All funds generated from the auction are given to charity.

The winner of this auction, to receive his or her all inclusive bear hunt must donate to his or her charity of choice, their full bided funds, then produce a copy/receipt that funds were donated. You will then pick the date you prefer to hunt, providing we are not booked for that particular week and we supply you with your guest registration and receipt.

This is not a left over hunt, but a week of great hunting with us here in Manitoba.

From the first time we posted this auction, we had 2 very generous bids and to be fare to others, could you please re-post your bids? Thanks.

On behalf of Jeannine and myself, thank you for Bowsite's continued support to our business and annual auction.

Ron and Jeannine Dare/Bear Track Outfitters

23-Dec-17
I'll open (or re-open) the bidding.

I would give $2,000

--jim

24-Dec-17
Let’s get this back to the top $2500 to St Judes. Merry Christmas everyone

24-Dec-17
Giddy up! Nice second bid.

24-Dec-17
$2,750 Transverse Myelitis Association

25-Dec-17
$3,000.00 St.Judes

Merry Christmas All!

25-Dec-17
Many thanks to expiditiontraders and the kind words from the others regarding our auction.

25-Dec-17
Ron,

Pm sent

26-Dec-17
$3500 to TIC "Talk Is Cheap, Inc" www.talkischeapinc.com . A gracious and selfless donation from two very kind and generous souls. God Bless Ron and Jeannine Dare.

27-Dec-17
Thanks Steve.

02-Jan-18
Jeannine and I are thinking, with our later start, we'd run the auction a little longer. A side note here. The area south of our camp that was previously only accessible by water is supposed to have a new all season road punched though there starting last fall. Our natural resources office has kept us in the loop and knowing we'd start hunting in there as soon as we could, will be giving us the key to the big gate on it and then sent us extra tags last Friday for the area anticipating, we'll be wanting them plus it's always been our area and allocation.

02-Jan-18
Ron, can I suggest you clarify the donation rules now? With 2018 donations over and being in a new year, anyone doing this will need to wait over a year to get the tax benefit of the donation unless we can back-date to 12/31.

02-Jan-18
Something I never thought of Steve. I don't have a problem with backdating at my end.

02-Jan-18
Donations and receipt will need to be marked 12/31 as well for anyone participating.

04-Jan-18
We're thinking Saturday noon to call an end to our auction. Still lots of time for bids.

05-Jan-18
TTT

06-Jan-18
$3700, St Judes

06-Jan-18
There we go Gene! Jeannine ahs asked if ok with you guys and gals if we can run this auction till the 10th now? I'm in with that too.

06-Jan-18

Bear Track's embedded Photo
This Booner was the first bear taken at Bear Track Last year. Early May and cold.

06-Jan-18

This is the last bear we took in camp last spring also. This is the son of the top bidder on our auction hunt from last year. Also a Booner. Thanks Nick for the short tracking job......5 feet!

06-Jan-18
Yes!

06-Jan-18
Steve, you'll remember that spot on Bear Creek. 2 days after Nick taking that bruzzer another one near the same size showed up following the same sow.

06-Jan-18
Every year this thread brings a tear to my eye. Guys bidding on a hunt for more than they could buy it for because it’s for a good cause. Restores my faith in my fellow man.

06-Jan-18
Yes, I do Ron, an awesome stand location!

07-Jan-18
Unfortunately, since the auction didn't end yesterday, I'm going to have to withdraw my bid. I have another opportunity for this spring that I had put on hold until today, pending the results of this auction.

Hopefully with the extra days someone will jump in and make a much bigger donation.

07-Jan-18
Understood and enjoy your trip to Argentina.

09-Jan-18
I'm back in. $3700, St Judes

09-Jan-18
$9000 Corporal Micheal Middkebrook Family! Officer who was shot and killed in my hometown.

09-Jan-18
Bamm!

09-Jan-18
I’m going to donate hunt to a young man in my home town and accompany him, just to hang out with Ron! Lol That is IF I win!

09-Jan-18
Way to go BPM and for a great cause!!!

09-Jan-18

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Thanks tobywon! Fitting that a make the gesture on national law enforcement day.

09-Jan-18
Wow! Awesome bid pizza man!

09-Jan-18
Nice Bigpizzaman!

09-Jan-18
Very generous!

09-Jan-18
Way to go BPM! Such a worthy cause as well... Maybe hold that bidding open cause if the Saints win in MN this weekend he might go even higher. LOL

09-Jan-18
That is fantastic BPM!

09-Jan-18
Bpm not a shock but it gave me chills when I read what and why you did it.

09-Jan-18
That's amazing Tim !!!!

09-Jan-18
WTG Tim!

10-Jan-18
Big bid, big heart. Well done Tim!

10-Jan-18
Nicely done Tim.

10-Jan-18
Tim was up at our place for the 2016 spring hunt. If you remember TThomas won the auction and donated it back to Tim's grandson. In one night on the lake, both Ryan and his father both shot bears from the same treestand and both with darn short blood trails for me!

10-Jan-18
I think we'll close our auction at 6:00pm today and thank everyone then.

10-Jan-18
More like Big Hearted Pizzaman! The nce agan Ron this thread makes me proud to call you savages friends.

10-Jan-18

That's the end to our auction for this year. Congratulations to Tim Metcalf (BIGPIZZAMAN) for his generous donation to the family of a fallen hero.

Jeannine and I get such a warm feeling inside when we have a chance to give back and make this world a better place in our small and unique way. To the many people that pm'd us thanking us for our generosity, you are all in our thoughts and make our offering worth the praise in so many ways. Many more praises for Pat and Bowsite for allowing us to continue our Christmas Auction. Thank you.

Tim, we'll stay in touch and take care of the paperwork to complete our gift.

Thanks to all, Ron and Jeannine Dare

Bear Track Outfitters

10-Jan-18
WTG Tim- very cool!

11-Jan-18
Thanks Ron! Talk to you Soon!

02-Jun-18
Tim,

Is this hunt still on? I received a PM that Bear Track sold and a couple of young guys bought it. While Pat was still there, Ron and Jeannine were not. Thanks.

03-Jun-18
Why is this any of your business? Maybe you have an axe to grind? Whatever the case may be Ron Dare is a man of integrity and I'm sure him and Tim have it worked out. Regardless why bring up an old post like this simply to try to make someone look bad that you don't like? That's a jerk move.

03-Jun-18
Actually Slayer I think young guys typically have fire in their belly and work a lot harder than someone my age. They are driven by the need to prove themselves.

If the info shared is accurate, it is good and worth sharing. You assumed too much. Having sold a business, I assumed it was good for all parties and has nothing to do with character. Simply figured people involved in this auction would know and be able to verify the accuracy.

An outfit owned by hungry and eager youth is good in most cases for those of us interested. Thanks.

03-Jun-18
Really Frank? What business is it of yours, what our business is? We'd hoped you had flushed yourself down the sewer where crap belongs. I'm up at camp guiding as usual with Pat and our new guide. If and when we do retire, you will be the last to know any of our business or life choices. As I have said, stay where you are and leave us alone as other Bowsiters have told you, little man.

03-Jun-18
Ron, I was actually happy for you. Was hoping Sean had purchased it. We were all impressed with him and some would have considered going back.

I will not insult you. I was only curious as I received a PM from someone I did not know talking about their experience there versus what we relayed this year. They were asking if their tag was still good for the Fall. They relayed that you were not there.

Ron, straight up, if things had changed and Sean was there, though we had our differences, I would have posted how impressed we all were with him. Our disagreement should not spill over to him. There is no animosity in my heart for that.

04-Jun-18
Why in the world would they or you wonder if their tag was still good?

04-Jun-18
He’s just stirring up crap like he’s done for a year now. He’s been taking subtle jabs anywhere he can get them in. It’s getting really old.

04-Jun-18
Mule Power, A bowsiter PMed me on our Sleeve Lake 1 thread. He was in MB at the same time we were, but with a different outfitter.

He was disappointed in his experience and was interested if his tag was still good (said he kept it) and did I think he could use it at Sleeve Lake for this Fall.

My response was I thought the tags were good for the year, but did not know if it was the same zone or unit. I suggested he call them. He did. I also suggested he do an outfitter report.

I gathered that like lineman, he had followed my hunting threads and shared his frustrations or was just validating what others experienced. Some how this site ought to help hunters make sure they have up to date information on different outfitters, IMO. Not everyone on this site is rich. Some save to do a trip like these once or twice in their lifetime. I think they appreciate folks who will share honest results.

While lineman interprets my actions as stirring the pot, others see his as an attempt to bully some into silence. It does get old.

I know I have been kind and acted according to my beliefs. I was contacted, I tried to help. It really is that simple.

It is my hope that all hunters who pay for an outfitter have the experience we did this year. Life is short, best wishes to all!

Thanks.

04-Jun-18
I'd like to know how Tim's hunt is going also can't wait to see the pics!

05-Jun-18
Guys I never intended on hunting this year, too much on the plate, Ron and I have made arrangements for next year, I’ll be sure to post pics! Thanks!

05-Jun-18
Your intentions are obvious, HFW, otherwise you would have just pm'd Tim.

05-Jun-18
Midwest, maybe you can figure out a third party was interested as well. And that most have difficulty addressing things.

I had no reason to doubt that BT sold, and still do not doubt what the person who was just up there said. That kind of information is worth sharing.

I have begun looking into an outfitter elk hunt for when I retire. If I find out that the place I decide to go to sells, that could affect my choice.

I ask that you guys quit trying to make more of this. Ron and I had a terrible experience. It is over. I have accepted that.

Someone was bothered by their experience and contacted me. We had never communicated before. Obviously they did not feel comfortable addressing the issue directly. My guess is that most people witness what happens when you express your honest opinion that does not line up with the popular one.

I shared my experience last year, and was blasted as a person and a hunter. So I shared my Fall hunts and this bear hunt so people can make up their own minds if there is any credibility to what I stated, or if it was just me as a terrible person and lousy hunter. I did it without detracting from anyone. Hope that is fair.

05-Jun-18
With the pall that is hanging over this site given real life tragedy how does anyone even think about dredging up this topic and expect anyone to care. Amazing.

05-Jun-18
Bou,

The same can be said by someone about any of these threads. Robin and I are praying daily for Kelly and his family. But life still goes on, other issues are still a concern.

If there was malice in my heart I would have responded to the last post on my SL1 thread.

I ask that all be judged by the same scales. This would easily die if the information about BT selling or not was answered. The person who contacted me could have interpreted something incorrectly, maybe just did not see R&J while they were there etc. Ron stating he is still guiding is not the same as saying he still owns it. My take is that a person thought they were buying one thing, and at least to them was not the same when they got up there.

I understand some of you don't care, but as an example we are going back to SL ext year. If I was informed Evan and Dave sold it, I am sure they would let us know and offer a full refund, which I would accept as opposed to taking a risk with unknowns. Hope that makes sense and we can agree that is the proper way to treat people. Thanks.

05-Jun-18
This would die if you would shut up and let bygones be bygones. Yet you constantly have to get the last word in with more provocation. You are not doing the other guy a favor. He could call Ron. He could message Ron. You could message Ron. You chose to fuel the fire again.

I’ve got an an idea Frank. DON’T POST IN THIS THREAD ANYMORE IF YOU WANT IT TO DIE. LET THE OTHER GUY HANDLE HIS QUESTION TO RON.

I bet posts in here again though. He can’t help himself.

• Sitka Gear