Wild Sheep
Contributors to this thread:
Wapitidung 24-Dec-17
kscowboy 24-Dec-17
kscowboy 24-Dec-17
PoudreCanyon 24-Dec-17
Wapitidung 24-Dec-17
24-Dec-17
Anyone have the link? I can't seem to find the maps.

Thanks,

24-Dec-17

kscowboy's Link
You are going to have to work with this link. I made maps with pins on Google Earth. http://www.earthpoint.us/ will convert a legal description (Section, Township, Range) to a GPS coordinate for you.

24-Dec-17

kscowboy's Link
Specific link to RMBHS stats

24-Dec-17
Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, but on the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website, if you go to the big game statistics page, select Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep statistics, and then go to the Antler measurement and location tab, there are GPS coordinates and a drainage name for each ram killed, by year and GMU. Mapping these yourself can give you some great starting points for scouting within a specific unit. Personally, I would give more credence to the animals listed by DIY hunters, as opposed to those listed by outfitters. When I queried the area CPW biologist about multiple kills in one drainage by a specific outfitter, he essentially told me none of those rams had been killed in that vicinity. I would expect the info from DIY hunters to be more accurate, as it is more than likely a once in a lifetime deal for most, and they have less reason to not give accurate information. Good luck! Poudre Canyon

24-Dec-17
KSCowboy, Thanks.

PoudreCanyon, Thanks. That;s what I was looking for. I was close.

• Sitka Gear