txhunter58 25-Dec-17
txhunter58 25-Dec-17
txhunter58 25-Dec-17
Sage Buffalo 26-Dec-17
txhunter58 26-Dec-17
25-Dec-17

txhunter58's embedded Photo
Friend of mine is a hard core hunter and only hunts with a bow. He was able to take this buck chasing a doe yesterday. We are into the secondary rut here. Short blood trail: 30 yards! Great too because his fiancée was there to see it. Not a Booner but a great buck for a free ranging Texas hill country deer

25-Dec-17
Dang nice buck, congrats to your friend.

25-Dec-17
Very nice trophy. Great Christmas present.

25-Dec-17
Very nice! Awesome that his fiancé was there with him for Christmas Eve! Looks like a keeper! Congratulations

25-Dec-17
I spent yesterday hunting with my son-in-law, who only started hunting after he married my daughter. We sat in a gun blind yesterday with me riding shotgun, in case pigs made an appearance. I wanted in on that ! We did see a nice buck right at dark, but he never got in a position that I was comfortable with my SIL taking the shot. If it had been a morning hunt, maybe, but not 15 minutes before dark.

That's a nice Hill Country buck 58. I remember when they weren't much bigger than a large German Shepard with antlers to match. Hill country has come a long way ! Congrats to your buddy !

25-Dec-17
That's a nice Christmas present...congrats to your bud!

25-Dec-17
Yep, dry a wet spring/summer and a bumper acorn crop this fall made the hunting harder but the bucks are pretty nice this year. Killed an older buck than this one (10 point but not as nice a rack) that was probably on his way down, but prob outweighed this one by 30 lbs and this one was pretty big bodied.

25-Dec-17

10 point from last weekend. Hard to tell how big he really is, but look at that neck (disclaimer: gun kill)

25-Dec-17
10 point from last weekend

26-Dec-17
TX: Good to see you! Glad you are doing well. Guess you might as well be hunting since football is over in TX. Haha. Just kidding.

Looks like a fun week of chasing deer!

26-Dec-17
The only football I watched this year was the Texas A&M football team. And they are not done! Disappointing season, but they play a bowl game on the 29th. Haven't watched any pro football this year :-)

• Sitka Gear