Spyder 34 30-Dec-17
mnbwhtr 02-Jan-18
DEC 02-Jan-18
Brotsky 02-Jan-18
Rock 02-Jan-18
White Falcon 02-Jan-18
krieger 03-Jan-18
29-Dec-17
if you were to buy two turkey DSD decoys for all around hunting (mating season, pre, post and fall hunting).

Which tow turkey decoys would you buy?

29-Dec-17
Jake and upright hen! Their best two deeks!

29-Dec-17
100% agree with trkyslr

29-Dec-17
What they said ^^^

29-Dec-17
In agreement here as well.

29-Dec-17
Yup

29-Dec-17
You have your answer. The problem with getting two is that you'll want 3 and then 4! Ha!

30-Dec-17
That's what I have as well.

30-Dec-17
Jake and upright hen for sure! It's been 3-4 years since I've heard a gobble, need to change that this spring. Best of luck!

30-Dec-17
I also concur - Jake and upright hen is what I’ve got.

-Mitch

30-Dec-17
I also agree jake and upright hen

30-Dec-17
I have used the jake upright hen combo from Alabama to Michigan and Montana to Texas and they work every where pressured or not !

30-Dec-17

Timbrhuntr's embedded Photo
Timbrhuntr's embedded Photo
Just get these LOL

30-Dec-17
Best thing about the upright hen is you can use it alone with a jake upright or on the ground in front of the jake like a breeder hen that one can be dynamite !

30-Dec-17
I've had great luck with just the upright and feeder hen.

02-Jan-18
Our local Game Warden swears by using only a jake

02-Jan-18
Like others have said ... the Jake and the Upright Hen ... if you can only buy two.

I have every decoy they make, and multiple in various poses. They all work, but the jake/upright combination is deadly and the best place to start.

02-Jan-18
Scott, they rarely go on sale. Your best bet to save a few $$ is to buy them when you find a "site wide" discount type offer or if a local retailer like Scheels or other store has them on sale. I bought my feeder hen last year around this time for decent savings from our local Scheels store.

02-Jan-18
A good friend of mine just got one in the bargain cave at Cabelas (used once for decoration) paid $80 for it. Told him that I would have bought it if he was not going to.

02-Jan-18

White Falcon's embedded Photo
White Falcon's embedded Photo
Jake and hen or two hens. I have taken a few.

03-Jan-18
The jake works awesome. I wouldn't be without my Tom Stutter though..you can attach an actual fan to him, and wings. I rigged mine up on a system where I can rotate him over 360 degrees, back and forth, using paracord. You want to get a hung up Tom to come in? Slowly spin Tommy Boy back and forth...the dominate Toms can stand it. For lesser Tom's 2-3yr olds, the Jake works great. If a guy had budget concerns, I would spend the money on DSD Jake and Tom, then buy cheaper hen decoys...they don't matter as much in posture and color, IMO.

• Sitka Gear