Equipment
Contributors to this thread:
Bowbender 31-Dec-17
t-roy 01-Jan-18
Two Feathers 01-Jan-18
Animal Killer 15-Jan-18
31-Dec-17

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Side by side. The LW steps are butted up against the other stick. You can see the XOPs protrude over and past.
Side by side. The LW steps are butted up against the other stick. You can see the XOPs protrude over and past.
Thought I would share the differences I found between these two competitors.

The XOPs work better for me, especially during late season when bulkier boots are the norm. They protrude further away from the tree and the steps are longer and slightly curved.

Weight difference not noticeable. Same length. The XOPs also lock together with a notch on the middle step that fits into a slot on another stick. When you turn the step it locks them tight together.

I found the XOPs to be about $10 less earlier in the season. I do like the round button the straps fit on with LW versus the elongated oval on the XOPs.

Hands down for me that the XOPs are preferred for my style of hunting.

31-Dec-17

XOPs locked together.
XOPs locked together.

31-Dec-17
I like the curved end section of the XOP's. My foot slipped off my stick this year, was wet, step was not level, actually sloped downward a bit. Curved end like the XOP may have saved me a torn up hand.

01-Jan-18
Haven’t tried the XOP sticks yet. The Lone Wolf sticks work good, though. I’ve got 2 of their big hang on stands and really like them a little better than my Lone Wolfs. Curious as to why you like the round buttons vs the elongated ones, Frank?

A tip that really helps me to be able to see my steps when getting out of the stand after dark is to paint the tops of steps white. They really show up well. Way better than feeling around for them with your feet.

01-Jan-18
I took your white paint idea, thanks.

The loop seems to go over quicker on the round button, at least for me. Smoother edges as well.

01-Jan-18
I assume the XOP steps flip back and forth to be used on either side?

01-Jan-18
Yes they do, same as LW sir.

03-Jan-18
I meant to point out that the XOPs also have camo, so no need for tape as some use on the LWs.

Also thought I should point out, because of a recent Pat thread that I have no association with either company.

15-Jan-18
I like my XOP stuff. Solid gear. Havent used the LW sticks but own both LW and XOP stands and really no difference in functionality.

• Sitka Gear