midwest 02-Jan-18
Bowriter 03-Jan-18
Fuzzy 03-Jan-18
DartonJager 10-Jan-18
Rut Nut 11-Jan-18
Timbrhuntr 11-Jan-18
Missouribreaks 11-Jan-18
01-Jan-18
Hey now my buddy won't have to put in fence posts for the deer to rub.

01-Jan-18
But wait, there's more!

01-Jan-18
Sportsman’ Guide has em on sale too, plus you get an 8oz bottle of Tink’s turkey scent. Just pay separate shipping charges ;-)

01-Jan-18
Wish I had the opportunity to invest my hard earned money in such a worthy venture.

I wonder who the lucky capitalist was???

01-Jan-18
Pat, Making fun of them just cost you any opportunity to have them as a sponsor!! lol

01-Jan-18
I won’t buy one till they make one big enough to put a stand in.

01-Jan-18
But does it work? Any success stories out there?

01-Jan-18
No acorns???? What a rip!

01-Jan-18
Sure it works. It comes with a trough for grain

01-Jan-18
That is almost as good as the tube you could pee down. Almost as good a Tinks turkey scent attractant or his camouflage condoms.

01-Jan-18
huh..........I saw that and just thought it was part of the cabela's mountain taxidermy display at the store. did not know they sold the darn things.

01-Jan-18
I guess cutting a big ass limb and putting it the ground is to difficult lol.

01-Jan-18
Hey LB, that's the reason they make gas fireplaces..........

Laziness is now a virtue !

01-Jan-18

Russell's embedded Photo
Russell's embedded Photo
This one works very well. Someone in Iowa cut this tree and stuck it in the ground.

01-Jan-18
Ha.. I'll fess up... the photo above is mine. But hear me out. It's not a phony tree. The stand is about where the camera took the photo from. It used to be an enclosed hard shell blind we used to photograph out of. We've since replaced it with a ladder stand in about the same place. There's a dry creek right behind the camera. The camera taking the photo is facing approximately south. The main food source is 1/2 a mile to the west. The predominant winds come from the south. Deer therefore bed on the south slopes of the ridge in the background with the breezes at their backs while facing north. In the afternoons they get up from their beds and drift along the base of the ridge with the winds coming from the timber while they can see on the open flat. Any stands along the timber are worthless. From the camera (and stand) south to the base of the ridge is about 25 yds. I'm a 15 yd. guy who shoots a recurve. So, I cut down this 5 or 6" diameter cedar/juniper (bucks like to rub softwoods). I dug about a 2 foot deep hole by hand about 15 yds. from the stand; poured in some Redi-Mix concrete; set in the cut softwood; covered the cement with dirt and let her set. Then I used a big 'ol shed antler to make an obvious rub on the east and west side of the main tree trunk. Then I put two mock scrapes under the tree and the overhanging limbs. Then doctored the set-up with some of Smokey's Pre-Orbital gland lure, some inter-digital scent and a little tarsal and later doe-in-heat. I put a trail camera on that bigger standing tree near the base of the cut tree in the background on the right. It's about 10-12 yds. from the mock rub tree facing north. I remember getting one trail camera picture with five bucks in one frame at the same time. By positioning the tree where it is, the bucks that would normally walk by at 25 yds. near the base of the hill will now swing over to the mock rub tree to check out the scents from the recent visitors. Thus offering the bowhunter a 15 yd. shot rather than a 25 yd. shot. Not only is it just smart hunting but most bowhunters are more accurate at 15 yds. than 25 yds., thus it decreases any wounding rates. By the way, I should add this work was done maybe 7 years? ago. The cut softwood has obviously died and dried and now needs replaced. Bucks prefer the sappy aromatic bark of a softwood to rub on. After it dries out you should replace it with a fresh one. Oh, one side note, that 161 2/8 inch 6x5 buck I killed on 11/21/16 was taken in a stand about 125 yds. north of this set-up. Just before I shot the 161 I watched a potential B&C class 5x5 walk right between the rub-tree and the stand above. So.. all that work and all I had to do was buy me one of these phony trees above. I'm just saying. Ha. Happy New year to all. BW

01-Jan-18
MAD treecoy. Pretty sure that's the Drury guy with all the TV shows. Hmmm, when am I gonna get smart enough to get rich selling guys stuff they can get for free....

01-Jan-18
Yeah, but it’s on sale...

01-Jan-18
I hunt a lil SWA in Nebraska and on the border is an open field and one tree in the middle. Tons of rubs and scrapes around this one tree every season. No trees close but I always think about setting up a ground blind.

02-Jan-18
Gander Mt. last summer was practically giving those away for $5 i think when they were going out of business. My buddy considered buying one but i talked him out of it.

02-Jan-18
In the last couple years, I have done a bunch of experimenting with mock rubs-both vertical and horizontal. I am fully aware a deer will rub almost anything but I have found, the type of tree I use is extremely important in terms of how quickly and if a buck will "pick it up". But, that said, those things would make great crappie attractors. Just stick in a gallon bucket of cement and sink.

02-Jan-18

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Agree with Barry! Here’s Matt standing next to one in SE Iowa. Real ones are fun to make, are $80 bucks less and work like a charm for positioning.

02-Jan-18
That would be the best gag gift ever. Obviously mark Drury is some sort of marketing genius , it would appear he’s made a sh*t ton of money selling this crap.

02-Jan-18
Thanks for the details Barry! Glad you replaced that hardshell with a ladder stand.

02-Jan-18
Charlie did you guys "plant" that tree?

02-Jan-18
Nope! We just marveled at it’s simplicity. Everyone I go to Iowa I learn something valuable.

02-Jan-18
After looking at Pat's picture I wonder if there are 5 of those trees in his cart?

02-Jan-18
Back when I was trapping, we used what was called "salient features". Take a square bale of hay or straw, set it in the middle of a big green pasture and every fox or coyote that comes within sight of it will have to come over and pee on it. I found it easier to use a single white chicken feather stuck in the ground (illegal in Iowa now since that would be considered exposed bait).

Probably works sort of the same way with a deer and a planted faux tree in the right spot.

02-Jan-18
I bought a whole bunch of 'em. Gonna make myself a woodlot!

02-Jan-18
If they come in apple ........ you could make yourself an orchard.

02-Jan-18

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
UPS just showed up. Just my luck! The tree is on backorder :-(

02-Jan-18
C'mon! I thought you guys were kidding when you mentioned turkey scent.

02-Jan-18
"C'mon! I thought you guys were kidding when you mentioned turkey scent."

Same here.

02-Jan-18
It even works on those “edjikatud” Bama gobblers.

02-Jan-18
Troy, put some of that Tink's on the fake tree limbs and the turks will roost there that night. I've got mine set up in the back yard. Figure they'll be there by season.

03-Jan-18
One year, at the SHOT Show, Tink had camouflage condoms in everyone's hotel room as a marketing ploy. I can't repeat the catch phrase he had printed on them.

03-Jan-18
the hell?!

10-Jan-18
I've been saying for years marketing strategies for hunting equipment are becoming exactly the same as the ones used for fishing equipment in that 80%+ of fishing equipment is designed to catch fishermen more than actual fish. IMHO the strategy has worked so well for fishing tackle and equipment producers the hunting equipment producers ( especially the shrewd ones) took notice just how well and fallowed suit. I doubt ANYONE does not vividly recall Scent-Loks original claim of use our product as directed and for get wind direction forever?

11-Jan-18
Now I have seen it all..........................................

11-Jan-18
A few years ago the drury team did a series of shows where they dug up a few real rub trees with a tree planter and moved them into a field near a stand. They shot some nice bucks over them. This was in Iowa. When I watched the show I wondered how long before the ads for a fake rub tree would take. Well there ya go !!

11-Jan-18
They will sell whatever hunters are willing to buy. Hunter behavior creates the markets.

• Sitka Gear